My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon at Mount Cinnamon in Grenada. The wonderful staff there did everything to make our stay perfect. After a rather hot and frazzled immigration experience at the airport we were whisked to the hotel by a lovely lady with cool towels at the ready - then on arrival at the hotel we were treated to the first of many rum punches! (which I have definitely developed a taste for and which were loads better than the hotel we later stayed in Barbados I must add).
Our villa was wonderful - number 10 almost at the top of the hill. Private and extremely roomy with every possible facility, even wifi !! ( which was faster than at home!!).
The room maid had decorated the bed with a beautiful heart of blossoms which was a lovely touch and a bottle of chilled fizz awaited us.
The villa could have accommodated four people easily so we had our own bathrooms (!) and plenty of space. Two balconies meant we could sit and enjoy the spectacular views in private if we wished to, catching the breeze on a warm afternoon.
There is a bit of a walk down a hill to the beach, as has been mentioned by others, but personally we enjoyed a bit of exercise and a quiet stroll. Some people used the golf buggy to take them up to their villas but we preferred the climb which is no worse than one might encounter getting to a Cornish or Pembrokeshire beach (but of course much much more gloriously warm!!)
I did masses of research on tripadvisor before our holiday and can honestly say that the things that the "poor" reviews mention were absolutely no problem at all for us. And when some folk say the service is slow in the Caribbean - well, one goes there for a holiday and surely to slow down a bit in our busy busy lives is what we are aiming for???
I have told the delightful staff that we hope to return for our wedding anniversaries in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just 22 spacious suites & villas all with exceptional sea views. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean Sea. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, swimming pool, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club Grenada/Grand Anse