when I read the most recent review and discussion about security......it was time to weigh in. Our visit to the hotel was October, and found the stay enjoyable, but the food and service lacking. When we arrived we were provided cell phones to reach security, the front desk, the manager etc...
The night before our last night, we are awakened early in the morning with an intruder in our room, fondling my wife. I jumped and heard the intruder run out the door. I did not know if he was alone and slowly went upstairs to see if anyone else was in the villa. I grabbed the cell phone, dialed security, the front desk, the manager...all voice mail. Finally I was connected to the police which were literally was a 1/4 mile away.
At the same time the neighbor was screaming they had an intruder with small kids in their villa, we grabbed oars and ran to help. The hotel staff never showed, and finally the police came almost an hour after the indicent, when security miraculously showed.
The balcony doors apparently would not lock, even though they appeared too..or perhaps it was just lack of security with keys by the hotel staff?
Although apologetic, they played down the entire incindent, no refund was offered, no assistance in getting an early flight off the island. I guess based on the most recent review it does not sound like anything has improved. I also contacted tourism officials numerous times, to complain about the hotel and the local police response, but have heard nothing.
in retrospect, the service was mediocre, the food sub par, and obviously the security and caring for the guests lacking. I would not recommend a visit, and am still waiting for my refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just 22 spacious suites & villas all with exceptional sea views. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean Sea. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, swimming pool, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club Grenada/Grand Anse