“Extended Stay at SiestaOn” 4 of 5 stars

Siesta Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Morne Rouge Street, Grand Anse, Grenada   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Grand Anse
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Extended Stay at SiestaOn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

On account of my regular hotel being fully booked I decided to stay at the Siesta Hotel for 2 nights.My memorable experience began when making my reservation and Head Receptoinist reminded me that I had stayed there on a previous occasion.My flight arrived early in the morning and I was promptly checked in and offered an upgrade.My room was well presented and turned out to a one bedroom suite with a separate living/dining/kitchen area which allowed me to meet my clients without compromising the privacy of my bedroom.Eva,Jillian and Stacie gave exceptional service at Reception.
My Room Attendant was also exceptional ensuring that my room was always well made on my return.
I was so pleased with the service and my suite which had an awesome view of Grand Anse beach although a short walk from the beach..The restaurant served French cuisine so I extended my stay.

Room Tip: Request one at the back on a bluff with a lovely view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NEW YORK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Joined my boyfriend at the Siesta Hotel, after he had been staying there for about two weeks. Quiet and cozy, an excellent value for the money. Clean, nice balcony view, close to the famous Grand Anse Beach. You definitely need to rent a car, quite a bit of a walk/drive up to the rooms. The staff is excellent, friendly and helpful. Took us a while to figure out the air conditioner at first, but once we did, it worked well. We would definitely stay at the Siesta Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My two daughters, five girlfriends and I have just returned from a stay at the Siesta - all travelled to Grenada for Carnival and had an absolute BALL!

The Siesta Hotel is very comfortable and hassle free - our room was spacious enough with an absolutely stunning view (Rm 36) looking across the sea and Lagoon. Housekeeping daily. Only small gripe ice compartment in our fridge not very powerful therefore had problems getting really frozen icecubes. However, one day when we did inform Reception that we had no ice within 10minutes a bag of ice was delivered to our door!

All staff very friendly but a big shout out especially to Jill (remember our Joke - going to Carriacou! Laugh) can still see her big lovely smile - Thanks for everything!

Would definitely stay at the Siesta again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in January 2012 on a university trip and loved every second of the trip!! Stayed in Room 11 which is a one bed apt with a massive king/queen bed sofa bed and lounge/kitchen area. This came in really handy for cooking on long days out after trips out. Staff at hotel are more than friendly and the hotel restaurant served some rather nice food. Literally minutes walk from local shopping centre and the beach, although hotel pool was just as good! It may not seem like your typical Caribbean getaway but it does everything you want at the Siesta :)

• Stayed January 2012
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I just had 1 night at Siesta, not enough time to do a thorough assessment, but we found a few small touches we wanted to comment on, e.g. cable TV, wi-fi, clean and spacious room. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon following an 8-day sailing trip, and our luggage included a large bundle of dirty laundry. The hotel got it all washed and dried and returned to us that evening, at a price of about US$2 per pound. We also appreciated the small fridge in our room. (A microwave would have made a nice addition.) The air conditioner was effective and quiet, attributes we've not always found at budget hotels.

A fairly new restaurant on the premises (Le Papillon) serves breakfast and lunch all day, but is not open for dinner. Our only meal there was a breakfast of poached eggs and a callaloo quiche, both of which were excellent. I was very happy that my espresso was correctly made, bold and flavorful with a nice crema layer on top.

A short stroll from the hotel through a field and down a narrow lane leads to Grand Anse Beach near the south end and close to Umbrellas beach bar, which seems to be a favorite hangout of expats living nearby. The beach itself is a great place for barefoot jogging - smooth packed sand with only a slight pitch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sawyer, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

A group on 7 of us stayed here before and after a sailing trip. We got two rooms in the building highest on the hill. One room was an apartment with full kitchen. We ate breakfast one day and the food was Good! There is a small mall across the street with Spice Land supermarket and a beach bar at the Resort across the street. Rooms were clean but lacked enough towels. Pool was nice for a hang out spot and quick dip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Perfect hotel in Grenada. You can rent a car with Dabs Car rental, ask the receptionist of Siesta hotel to call them and they will deliver the car at the hotel in an hour. Our room was big and clean with a fridge, airco, good double bed and a terras or balcony with a view on the swimming pool. We had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!