“No frills but some nice features” 4 of 5 stars

Siesta Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Morne Rouge Street, Grand Anse, Grenada   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Grand Anse
Vienna, Virginia
“No frills but some nice features”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I just had 1 night at Siesta, not enough time to do a thorough assessment, but we found a few small touches we wanted to comment on, e.g. cable TV, wi-fi, clean and spacious room. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon following an 8-day sailing trip, and our luggage included a large bundle of dirty laundry. The hotel got it all washed and dried and returned to us that evening, at a price of about US$2 per pound. We also appreciated the small fridge in our room. (A microwave would have made a nice addition.) The air conditioner was effective and quiet, attributes we've not always found at budget hotels.

A fairly new restaurant on the premises (Le Papillon) serves breakfast and lunch all day, but is not open for dinner. Our only meal there was a breakfast of poached eggs and a callaloo quiche, both of which were excellent. I was very happy that my espresso was correctly made, bold and flavorful with a nice crema layer on top.

A short stroll from the hotel through a field and down a narrow lane leads to Grand Anse Beach near the south end and close to Umbrellas beach bar, which seems to be a favorite hangout of expats living nearby. The beach itself is a great place for barefoot jogging - smooth packed sand with only a slight pitch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sawyer, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

A group on 7 of us stayed here before and after a sailing trip. We got two rooms in the building highest on the hill. One room was an apartment with full kitchen. We ate breakfast one day and the food was Good! There is a small mall across the street with Spice Land supermarket and a beach bar at the Resort across the street. Rooms were clean but lacked enough towels. Pool was nice for a hang out spot and quick dip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Perfect hotel in Grenada. You can rent a car with Dabs Car rental, ask the receptionist of Siesta hotel to call them and they will deliver the car at the hotel in an hour. Our room was big and clean with a fridge, airco, good double bed and a terras or balcony with a view on the swimming pool. We had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is a great budget hotel set in a great location. Grand Anse beach is a stone's throw away and the Spiceland Mall - complete with supermarket - is less than a two minute walk. We did not have a car but the minivans into St George's were just at the end of the street.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite spacious and well appointed with views over their gardens and the beautiful ocean.

During our stay in October 2011 the restaurant was under renovation but we had dinner at two lovely restaurants in the area, Kalinago Beach Resort Restaurant and The Flamboyant Hotel Beachside Terrace Restaurant. Each with wonderful beach views and great food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Sask., Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We spent two weeks here March 12-26 and had a nice stay at the Siesta hotel.We stayed in room 21 on the top floor with a beautiful view of the ocean.The a/c,water pressure,fridge in the room was nice.The pool was nice to swim in.The hotel was only about a block from the spiceland mall with a big IGA store for fruit,cinnamon bun,s,beer,etc.Lot,s of good restaurant,s within walking distance of the hotel.The manager and staff were very informative and helpful.We used there sister hotel,Allamandas beach chairs which was right on the beach.Remember,this is 2 star hotel with a lot of good features.We had a very enjoyable stay here.!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I had looked at the Siesta before departing for Grenada but we didn't book because we wanted to check it out when we arrived.

Impressed by what we saw, we booked room #1. There was a king sized bed, AC, TV, desk and coffee maker and some outdoor seating to relax at the end of the day.

We only meet one staff member, but she was friendly and helpful.

The best thing about The Siesta is its location. It's close to Grand Anse beach and some great restaurants at Le Marquis Plaza. You could probably walk to Morne Rouge but you'd be better off hopping on a taxi/bus.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I enjoyed my 7 night stay at Siesta from Jan 29 to Feb 5. I arrived at 7:30am before the front desk staff arrived, so the taxi driver used the lobby phone to call for Nima, "the man in charge". He greeted me and put me in a temporary room until my room for the week was ready at 2:00pm. I enjoyed a hardy breakfast at their restaurant before resting and moving to my permanent room.

The location of this hotel is excellent. It's tucked away but within easy walking distance to the Spice Mill Mall and Grand Anse Beach. At the mall, you can buy groceries at the IGA, souvenirs at many stores or eat at the food court. The Siesta has a sister hotel - Allamanda where you can use their facilities. I didn't realize this until half way through my visit. You get free use of beach lounge chairs, the pool/spa etc.

My rating isn't excellent for this hotel due to several minor points. Unless you ask, there isn't information on tours available in the lobby or your room. I inquired about brochures and was given a Sunsation Brochure and a small map which helped me locate restaurants and sites.

I asked someone at the front desk what the hours of the restaurant were and she did not know. I therefore only ate breakfast there twice - my first and last morning. Please note, this restaurant is only open for breakfast, so you will need to venture out to dine for your other meals which is a great way to taste local dishes and meet other like minded visitors and wonderful Grenadians.

I am however, impressed at the Hotel's desire to fix any issue that arises. I needed a light bulb changed in a wall lamp and new batteries in the TV remote which were quickly replaced. On the flip side, I had an ongoing challenge of trying to get a clean wash cloth every couple of days. That's the only towel I requested to be changed every so often and several times it was not replaced. I will always remember to bring one from home to avoid the frustration ;-).

I so enjoyed my Grenada adventure and was very happy to find The Siesta Hotel, a simple no-frills hotel with "weathered charm". When I return to Grenada, I will happily consider staying at the Siesta Hotel once more.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!