“Great Location,Quiet,Friendly hotel!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Grand Anse
Saskatoon, Sask., Canada
“Great Location,Quiet,Friendly hotel!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We spent two weeks here March 12-26 and had a nice stay at the Siesta hotel.We stayed in room 21 on the top floor with a beautiful view of the ocean.The a/c,water pressure,fridge in the room was nice.The pool was nice to swim in.The hotel was only about a block from the spiceland mall with a big IGA store for fruit,cinnamon bun,s,beer,etc.Lot,s of good restaurant,s within walking distance of the hotel.The manager and staff were very informative and helpful.We used there sister hotel,Allamandas beach chairs which was right on the beach.Remember,this is 2 star hotel with a lot of good features.We had a very enjoyable stay here.!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I had looked at the Siesta before departing for Grenada but we didn't book because we wanted to check it out when we arrived.

Impressed by what we saw, we booked room #1. There was a king sized bed, AC, TV, desk and coffee maker and some outdoor seating to relax at the end of the day.

We only meet one staff member, but she was friendly and helpful.

The best thing about The Siesta is its location. It's close to Grand Anse beach and some great restaurants at Le Marquis Plaza. You could probably walk to Morne Rouge but you'd be better off hopping on a taxi/bus.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I enjoyed my 7 night stay at Siesta from Jan 29 to Feb 5. I arrived at 7:30am before the front desk staff arrived, so the taxi driver used the lobby phone to call for Nima, "the man in charge". He greeted me and put me in a temporary room until my room for the week was ready at 2:00pm. I enjoyed a hardy breakfast at their restaurant before resting and moving to my permanent room.

The location of this hotel is excellent. It's tucked away but within easy walking distance to the Spice Mill Mall and Grand Anse Beach. At the mall, you can buy groceries at the IGA, souvenirs at many stores or eat at the food court. The Siesta has a sister hotel - Allamanda where you can use their facilities. I didn't realize this until half way through my visit. You get free use of beach lounge chairs, the pool/spa etc.

My rating isn't excellent for this hotel due to several minor points. Unless you ask, there isn't information on tours available in the lobby or your room. I inquired about brochures and was given a Sunsation Brochure and a small map which helped me locate restaurants and sites.

I asked someone at the front desk what the hours of the restaurant were and she did not know. I therefore only ate breakfast there twice - my first and last morning. Please note, this restaurant is only open for breakfast, so you will need to venture out to dine for your other meals which is a great way to taste local dishes and meet other like minded visitors and wonderful Grenadians.

I am however, impressed at the Hotel's desire to fix any issue that arises. I needed a light bulb changed in a wall lamp and new batteries in the TV remote which were quickly replaced. On the flip side, I had an ongoing challenge of trying to get a clean wash cloth every couple of days. That's the only towel I requested to be changed every so often and several times it was not replaced. I will always remember to bring one from home to avoid the frustration ;-).

I so enjoyed my Grenada adventure and was very happy to find The Siesta Hotel, a simple no-frills hotel with "weathered charm". When I return to Grenada, I will happily consider staying at the Siesta Hotel once more.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

After a long flight from Germany some 12 hours later stayed here at a reasonable price. Next flight was at 3:00 pm the next day, no problem staying in the room until taxi picked me up around 2:00 pm.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We have been staying at Siesta annually for many years(well into double figures) and find the hotel more than satisfies our needs and expectations.
Agree entirely with family review 'crutd001' Gillingham Kent Sept. 2010.
The ambience,location and friendliness of the staff is all you could wish for.
Close to Grande Anse beach,Spiceland mall and many eating facilities.
Since hurricane 'Ivan' things in the hotel are gradually improving and the WIFI facility is particularly useful to business and holidaymakers alike.
It is a family run hotel who live on the premises and should anything be required they or the staff are only too pleased to help.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a no fuss,tranquil and satisfying stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We got in on the evening November 25th. The room and accomodation were fine, however when I inquired about the Restaurant and Bar , I was told ot was closed for the week. So here it is , every day , we had to find ourselves some where else to have meals, rain or shine. This was a bit inconvenient for us, especially on mornings.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
NimaAnvar, Manager at Siesta Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
We must apologize on behalf of the restaurant. We were changing ownership of the restaurant during that week. They were moving out as we were moving back in. Hence the reason for the disruption in service. This was our fault. We should have made arrangements for food to be served during that period. Nonetheless, the transition is now complete, and we are serving breakfast every morning from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Guests also have menus in their rooms and have the option to place outside orders for lunch and dinner. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that took place during that week.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Siesta is one of our favourite places to stay in Grenada. It is a family run hotel and great value for money. Located just a few minutes walk from the beach, the rooms and apartments are well appointed and nothing gives us more pleasure than sitting on the balcony and watching the boats sail by. The staff are more than helpful. On our way to Grenada (at Gatwick), someone spilt a drink over my wife's coat, and on arrival at Siesta the staff had the coat cleaned for her. You would be hard pressed to find better service and a more friendly staff anywhere.
Having lived in Grenada some decades ago, we return each year to visit this island, dear to our hearts and over that time have stayed many places and can certainly recommend Siesta.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!