After seeing the reviews on the Grenada Grand Beach Resort prior to leaving to be married at the resort, I couldn't help but be a little confused. My parents had been there in January 2006, so I knew first hand that they had a wonderful time, the weather was fabulous, the facility was beautiful (and you really couldn't get closer to Grand Anse Beach), the staff was quick to help whenever they could...and the locals were extremely kind and friendly. So to read the negative reviews of this resort prior to getting married at the resort was needless to say, a little disappointing.
We arrived at the resort Jan 14th, 2007. The flight was a direct flight from Toronto -- we were picked up at the airport and taken right to the resort (10 mins away) where we were met with rum punches. The check in was fairly quick for Carribean standards -- travellers should always be aware that things in the Carribean always seem to be a little slower.
The resort was neatly kept, the pools were beautiful, the ocean couldn't be closer to the beach front rooms, the beach was one of the most beautiful I had ever seen, the staff were friendly and curtious, the manager was on the facility at all times if there was any sort of problem and the food was fabulous (buffet or a-la-carte). In Grenada, all inclusive is much better to go by as the food could be expensive if you weren't on an all-inclusive plan. The resort was quiet -- you never had to fight for tables or spots around the pool or the beach. What a refreshing change!!
The island is a wonderful place to explore -- the dive shop provided a wonderful half day of snorkling. Amazing underwater statues, baby squid, lots of fish and three dive sites all in a half day. A trip to the Grand Etang Rainforest and 30 minute guided hike to the Seven Sisters Waterfalls was well worth it -- and a refreshing swim was a nice way to spend some time. A local company, Carib Cats, runs a nice evening sunset catamaran cruise with drinks and food. A great view of the island! A half day trip took us to the Nutmeg Processing Plant, Concord Falls, Crater Lake in Grand Etang, and a spice plantation. Insight Tours was kind enough to organize the trips for us -- and a large group was able to receive a discounted rate.
The wedding itself was beyond our expectations. The photographer, food, drinks, marriage license, minister and flowers were included in our wedding package (which we received for simply booking a beachfront room). Our wedding planner was kind enough to arrange our trip to obtain our marriage certificate, making the process quick, painless and efficient. The wedding was on the beach, and the resort arranged for a beautiful arch to be hand crafted for us. They really took care of every detail perfectly.
Grenada was the perfect place for our wedding -- and the Grenada Grand Beach Resort was the perfect place to have it. I have attached a few photos just to show how great it was. I would have no issue recommending this place for any one. On top of that, they are in the process of upgrading the resort to a Crown Plaza -- which only means this place will get better and better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse