Went to this resort Feb 9 - 16, 2013. This was our 6th trip to Grenada but 1st to this resort. Having read lots of bad reviews since we booked, would have had to pay a fee to change to something else so thought we would try anyway. Not a complete mistake however....... When we arrived the resort was about 80% full as many guests were there for there kids at SGU. Most of them left within a few days. Here is a summary of our encounters....
1. NO wrist bands - a real nice plus for any resort
2. Location - perfect spot on Grand Anse. Ocean not as rough in front of the resort as the southern tip and located about 5 min from craft market / cruise ship people on 1 side and about 5 min to a popular bar the other way.
3. Seemed like lots of lounge chairs ( no chair games ) and beach had sufficient shade.
4. There are 2 pools, 1 almost has 2 sections each with a waterfall and connected with a sort of lazy river. No floaty's though - bring your own.
5. Very nice landscaping as others have said
6. Rooms functional, nothing special. Stayed upper floor balcony just outside laundry facility. Didn't bother us. Actually got a thank you note from housekeeping 2x for leaving a tip !! No biggie but we did not get towel art as some others did. Not a deal breaker
Negatives - From OUR personal experience ( we stayed breakfast plan only )
1. Before arrival, e-mailed resort and requested a fridge. Reply was no problem, will have 1 in your room. When we checked in, no fridge. Checked at reception and said they didn't have 1 at this time. No problem, will check tomorrow. Still no fridge over the next 3 days even though check out rate was over 50%.
2. We were there on the breakfast plan but had to explain to reception the 1st 3 days it was already paid for. They couldn't get there paper work correct. Good thing I take copies of everything when we travel. Had to show them the Hotel Voucher to PROVE it was included.
3. Talked to a few other guests that said there room was double booked and while they were in there rooms, someone else entered thinking it was theres. Thought that couldn't be however Tuesday night about 1 am had someone try to enter our room as that is what reception told them there room # was.
4. Luckily we had an in room safe, some rooms did not
5. Ice machines are in a few locations on the property, some needing a room key to access. Most times didn't have ice and found out later this is also where some staff get ice for resort use. Think they would have there own at the bars.
6. Took 2 days before they had any beach towels available. Take your own just in case. We also kept ours during the stay to make sure we had 1.
7. Found that around the pool area, lots of ants and boy can they bite. No food was on the ground so not sure if it was the location or something else ?
8. When checking out, they gave us a bill for $3100 EC ( about $1200 US ) for our stay. Once again had to explain the trip was paid for in advance and there should be NO additional charges. Was corrected but yet again, very unorganized.
Although the breakfast included was good, we did not have any other meals at the resort. We rented a car and ventured out. Could not give them any more of our money.Fancy drinks at the bar for non all inclusive would run about $10 US. Also as others have mentioned, they do little to encourage guests to stay and eat there instead of spending there money else where.
The staff really wanted to serve and do a good job but the management didn't have a clue. They should have stayed a non all inclusive resort as the reviews prior to this were good.
Grenada is generally a very polite and giving country as we experienced again on this trip. It is expensive to stay at a resort in Grenada compared to Mexico / DR. All inclusive is about $4000 but you won't have 5* accomodations or marble floors. Keep that in mind. Venture out and see the island. Hope they can change things as it has potential. While checking out, another couple had had enough and was being transferred to another resort. I'm sure that happened more often during our stay.
Would not return and con not recommend this resort.
Beware of shoulder shrugging when promises are not kept or met.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.