My husband and I stayed at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort from Feb 4 until Feb 11 in what was supposed to be an Executive Beachfront room. We were beachfront, the view was gorgeous, the room was clean but that's about it. Advertised on the hotel website and Transat's website are flat screen T.V.'s and bathrobes. We had neither. In fact, our T.V. went out while we were watching the storm coverage and they replaced it with another big old T.V. The room is dated and reminded me of an older room you would see in Cuba. We usually stay in nice hotels in the Mayan Riviera with marble bathrooms and big jacuzzis so this was definitely a big step down. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Housekeeping is a little odd. Once they took all the dirty towels and didn't leave me any clean ones. I had to find a cleaning cart and ask for them. (?)
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, the pool is amazing, the beach is really nice and there is efinitely no over crowding which we really liked. You did NOT have to get up at 6:30 am and put a towel on a chair. Most times at the pool there would be only us and two other people. It was so nice!
We went All Inclusive so we ate most of our meals at our hotel and the food was delicious. The service was intermittent. Sometimes it was fine and sometimes it was slow. It was almost always slow with the a la carte items, usually taking between 30 and 45 minutes. (even if you ordered a bowl of ice cream! LOL) We were on vacation and relaxing so this didn't bother us much but sometimes it got annoying. (especially when you wanted a cup of coffee in the morning) The staff is very friendly but it seemed that direction was lacking so that's why it would take longer to get anything.
Grenada itself is gorgeous and the weather is amazing. Even at night I didn't need a sweater. Our complaints were minor and did not overshadow our vacation, however, I can't say I would return to this hotel. I don't think we had value for the money for sure. It is the most we have spent on a vacation and the least we have received in return. There are lots of other places to stay in Grenada where I heard the service was great. The people of Grenada definitely make the trip worth it. They are friendly and eager to talk to you about their country and help you to enjoy your vacation. We met many people both on and off the resort who made our vacation special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse