“Very Relaxing Vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Grand Anse
St. Catharines
“Very Relaxing Vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort from Feb 4 until Feb 11 in what was supposed to be an Executive Beachfront room. We were beachfront, the view was gorgeous, the room was clean but that's about it. Advertised on the hotel website and Transat's website are flat screen T.V.'s and bathrobes. We had neither. In fact, our T.V. went out while we were watching the storm coverage and they replaced it with another big old T.V. The room is dated and reminded me of an older room you would see in Cuba. We usually stay in nice hotels in the Mayan Riviera with marble bathrooms and big jacuzzis so this was definitely a big step down. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Housekeeping is a little odd. Once they took all the dirty towels and didn't leave me any clean ones. I had to find a cleaning cart and ask for them. (?)

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, the pool is amazing, the beach is really nice and there is efinitely no over crowding which we really liked. You did NOT have to get up at 6:30 am and put a towel on a chair. Most times at the pool there would be only us and two other people. It was so nice!

We went All Inclusive so we ate most of our meals at our hotel and the food was delicious. The service was intermittent. Sometimes it was fine and sometimes it was slow. It was almost always slow with the a la carte items, usually taking between 30 and 45 minutes. (even if you ordered a bowl of ice cream! LOL) We were on vacation and relaxing so this didn't bother us much but sometimes it got annoying. (especially when you wanted a cup of coffee in the morning) The staff is very friendly but it seemed that direction was lacking so that's why it would take longer to get anything.

Grenada itself is gorgeous and the weather is amazing. Even at night I didn't need a sweater. Our complaints were minor and did not overshadow our vacation, however, I can't say I would return to this hotel. I don't think we had value for the money for sure. It is the most we have spent on a vacation and the least we have received in return. There are lots of other places to stay in Grenada where I heard the service was great. The people of Grenada definitely make the trip worth it. They are friendly and eager to talk to you about their country and help you to enjoy your vacation. We met many people both on and off the resort who made our vacation special.

Room Tip: Make sure you face the beach. The view is gorgeous!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Penal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was worried about having booked this hotel after all the negative reviews, but i'm glad to report exactly the opposite.

The grounds and pools are well maintained, there are mango trees with ripe fruit as if they were put there to purposefully complement the powder white sand literally 10 foot steps away.

I did not eat at the hotel much, but the meals I did have were good ........ except the coffee to me an "americano" should be double espresso in a hot body of water.....I got something like an espresso shot...

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel.....location is probably one of the best.

Room Tip: Executive Beach Front totally the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our stay at the Grand Beach Resort was very comfortable and relaxing. The staff were very helpful and courteous, the food was very good and our room had been updated and well attended to. The beach setting was beautiful and the pool was wonderful. We found that the Number One bus was a terrific way to get around at a good price. We look forward to returning to this hotel in the future. Thanks to all the staff at the hotel for helping to make our holiday a great time in Grenada!

Room Tip: We had a Garden View Room, which was very nce, as the grounds are looked after extremely well!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My stay at the Granada Grand was very comfortable and relaxing. All of the staff were most pleasant and accomodating. I was not happy with the first room they gave me (across the way from the laundry) and they quickly changed my room to one with an ocean view. The hotel has several wings that cover an expansive property with many amenities (e.g. 5 or 6 swimming pools, tennis courts, outdoor snack bar). One of the best features was the Grand Anse beach which lies in back of the hotel. Sitting on a beach chair in the shade of one of the trees just relaxing with a view of the town of Saint George across the bay was priceless. While the hotel food was average, there were special occasion breakfasts and dinners that provided variety. The hotel was within walking distance of several restaurants and the Spice Island Mall. During my stay I noted that the hotel seems to be in the process of upgrading some of the rooms. I look forward to staying at the Grenada Grand again.

Room Tip: The hotel only has two floors. Try not to get room 422 which was across from the laundry.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Exceptional in all ways,clean comfortable room,grounds and gardens, pools,staff and services. We selected European Plan, we like to try different places to dine and sometimes we prefer a small breakfast, but when we had the buffet it had a great selection. Being used to freshly ground Costa Rica coffee each morning at home we found the coffee could be improved.and ordering from the menu could be faster. Anyway we will be back. Gerry and Sharon Oakville Ontario Cdn.

Room Tip: beach front
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Took almost 3hrs to check in after our reservations were lost. Then after check in I was give a small room upgrade.The grounds and location are excellent. The service is next to nothing, it was horrible. There is a severe lack of communication between the staff and mangers. My A/C went out I asked once to have it fixed it was not, it was on the last night and the weather is nice so it wasn't that bad, then there was no hot water this morning to shower. I was here for work and would never pay to stay at this location. Like I said the property has a great location and the grounds seem to be well maintained but the service made me feel like I was such an inconvenience and I should just be happy to be allowed to stay here...... Its really a shame, maybe the leadership here needs to put out a philosophy on their vision for their property.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are awesome, on the first floor you can walk out your door to the beach!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort from Jan 20th, 2013 until Feb. 4th...We were in Grenada for our daughter's wedding so 30 of our friends and family were staying at this resort...We loved our stay at this Hotel and plan on returning in the future..The staff are very accommodating and work really hard to make your stay so enjoyable...The buildings are kept immaculate as well as the grounds and that is no easy task..This resort sits on over 20 acres of land..The location could not be more perfect...The Beautiful Grand Anse Beach front makes it so convenient for walks or just laying on the lounge chairs under great shade trees..The location of this resort is also great for shopping and access to the buses...
Kimberley did a great job of cleaning our room every day...The staff are all very friendly....
We also thoroughly enjoyed all the entertainment provided for us every evening..Thank You to all of you for making our visit so special....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!