Grenada Grand Beach resort is on a large site with huge frontage on the best part of Grand Anse beach. Well-kept gardens and 2 good sized pools and several bars, main restaurant and beach and pool bars/restaurants. We got a good deal through LateRooms.com for 2 weeks from 16 February with a beach front room (room only basis). Room was average in size and design but recently painted with 2 very comfortable double beds, TV, coffee making machine, nice balcony, functioning bathroom with plenty of Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. Air con was very effective if a little noisy but you don't notice after the first night. Only drawback was no fridge (can rent one for $10 per day but in short supply). Only 2 ice making machines for whole site. You can use the hotel sunbeds on the beach but you have to take them there yourself and they ask you to bring them back at the end of the day (not a problem) and there are lots of trees on the beach providing lots of shade. Fabulous beach, safe swimming, clear water, powdery sand. You do get cruise ships coming in (you can see St Georges where they dock from the beach) but the passengers usually use sunlounger further up the beach so don't really encroach on your space. Only had 2 meals in hotel (by pool and sunset bar) while there and were not impressed. We usually ate a the 3 restaurants up the beach and also in one of the other hotel's restaurants. We would especially recommend Coconut beach restaurant (turn right on the beach coming out of your hotel) for fine dining at reasonable prices and Umbrellas bar and restaurant (turn left on the beach from the hotel) for more lively 'diner' style eating, sometimes with live music. There is a very good little travel agent attached to the hotel (Insight Travel) run by the lovely Charmaine and her staff who were very helpful and able to arrive all sorts of tours etc. There is a Manager's cocktail party every Tue evening when you can speak to the manager and his staff and they are very generous with the cocktails and it is a fun hour and opportunity to meet others at the hotel. The hotel was very quiet the first week but filled up the 2nd week with a 1 week medical convention so place was more lively with live bands/duos each evening (nothing the 1st week). We loved this hotel and had no complaints. However, there is very little in the way of entertainment (I think it depends on the number of guests in the hotel on a week by week basis) so some might find it rather quiet. However, the hotel is on a very good bus route (great fun, very frequent and cheap) to St Georges (the capital) where the main bus station is. From there you can get buses to all over the island. Main trips are round the island trip (by road) snorkelling/scuba diving trips and great for birdwatching apparently. The Grenadians are very friendly, crime rate is low and you feel pretty safe there but obviously you should take the usual precautions you would take anywhere. WiFi available in all rooms and there is also 1 computer to use free if you don't have your own with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse