Just finished 12 dives (6 x 2) with Dive Grenada and rate them very highly.
My son and I dived - we are both reasonably experienced (+150 dives each) and we like diving in small groups so I tend to look for firms that offer that.
Phil and Helen who run it were both friendly - I got the impression though, that Phil takes the safety side very seriously - for example only taking Advanced divers to Bianca C, which most of us will know is not always the case with operators who take a more relaxed attitude to deep dives if the customer is willing to pay.
- Good equipment well maintained
- Well organised - turn up at 8:15, in the boat around 8:30 to 8:45 and in the water by 9. Generally we were back on the beach to meet my wife by 12 or earlier after 2 dives and a sb
- Small groups - they say 6 is the limit and stick to that, though we generally had 3 to 5 people
- Dive leader - we had Cojack and he was great, takes his time spots and shows stuff, seems excited when we see cool things, adjusts to conditions (i.e. doesn't stick to the plan if it means swimming into strong current)
- Good boat for small groups and the captains (especially Ravi) help you get in and out safely and comfortably and make sure you don't mist up by supplying Ooshie Skooshie spray
- Comforting level of focus on safety whilst pushing the message that it is about having fun
We did 12 dives and enjoyed them all - top 3 in order
- Shark Reef - lived up to its name with 4 sharks but also rays barracuda schools, eels and plenty more
- Shake'em - great wreck with fantastic coral growth and interesting swim throughs - we saw the biggest puffer fish I have ever seen by some way here
- Bianca C - deep wreck so you get limited time on before the computer starts getting twitchy but for sheer scale it is memorable. We also saw a huge eagle ray
If you plan to dive in Grenada I wouldn't hesitate to use them (unless you are looking for huge parties of divers to churn about with for some reason)
If you go get Phil to tell you about his reef project and show the video of him planing a stack of breeze-blocks out to sea behind his boat
If you own or manage Dive Grenada, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.