“Great Snorkel Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 attractions in Grand Anse
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Fun trips for snorkelers and divers to Grenada's Underwater Sculptures and Marine Park and Adventure Dives to the many wreck dive sites like Bianca C and Shakem. Aquanauts provides scuba classes from beginner to technical diving and is a rebreather friendly facility.
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
“Great Snorkel Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We went on a 2.5 hour snorkel trip to see the Underwater Sculptures and to Flamingo Bay. Charlesson was our guide. It was just my husband and me snorkeling, and we were aboard the boat with 3 scuba divers who went with their guide to do their own thing. Since there were only a few of us on the boat, we had a more personal experience and Charlesson was more than sufficient. She was able to explain about the area, what to expect to see, and was available to answer any questions we had. He even gave us a demo of some scuba gear so we know what to expect when we decide to get our certification.

Overall, I was very happy with my experience since it was straight-forward and didn't require a lot of gear-handling. .

The fellas they have operating their boats are young and enthusiastic, and I can appreciate that a lot.

I would recommend them based on my experience. We had a great time.

The only thing is I wished they had more snacks than just a banana and water. I would recommend taking your own sandwich or snacks and any other beverages you want because they don't offer that much. And that is the only reason I didn't rate them "excellent," and it's because if they are charging $50 per person, I would want more to eat than just a banana.

Visited November 2011

The Woodlands, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Top Notch Dive Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I went diving with Aquanauts for 4 days with 10 friends. We had a boat and staff of dive masters to ourselves during our visit. The boat was well maintained, and very spacious. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and always had well thought out site selections and dive plans. They even had a full staff meeting every morning before divers arrive to make sure the plans were sound. We had some tech divers with us who were accomodated very well by the staff. The owner dives a rebreather. If I return to Grenada, I will certainly use them again!

Visited March 2011
Stamford, CT
14 attraction reviews
“Friendly and well organized”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I did my two open-water certification dives with Aquanauts. The boats were spacious and clean and the crew were fun and friendly, making sure each day that our gear was on board and waiting for us by the time we arrived. Our group's guide, Reese, was very hands-off, scheduling the requisite tests at the end of each dive while we were waiting for the boat anyway. Also, I got careless and was stung by some coral on one of the dives. One of the guides noticed the welt and brought some vinegar water without my prompting.

I had a bit of trouble with the billing because I used a travel certificate that entitled me to either 10 open-water dives or the full open-water training course when all I needed were the two referral dives, but a brief conversation with the owners sorted it right out - they gave me full credit for the 10 dives and deducted the value from our total bill.

We stayed at the True Blue Resort (fantastic, see review) which made Aquanauts a natural choice - the dive shop and dock were literally 30 yards from our front doorstep.

In short, for a truly convenient and relaxed scuba vacation, I highly recommend True Blue Bay + Aquanauts.

Visited November 2010
Portland, Oregon
“The Spice Island's Premier Dive SHop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you're planning on diving in Grenada your choice should absolutely be Aquanats, Grenada. THey have 3 boats that are big, clean, and spotless. The owners are extremely qualified divers and experts at technical diving if you want to try rebreathers, penetration wreck dives, etc. Peter, the owner, has dove Bianca-C over 500 times and has been featured in numerous tv shows and magazine articles due to his knowledge. The staff of divemasters and instructors are friendly, attentive and best of all, safe. I would not dive with anyone else.

Visited December 2010