“Our first visit - EXCELLENT. Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Grenadian by Rex Resorts
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Tamarind Bay, Grand Anse, Grenada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Grand Anse
London, United Kingdom
“Our first visit - EXCELLENT. Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We so enjoyed our holiday in that we are returning again to stay at the
Grenadian by Rex Resorts later this year, the staff were most helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Lovely views and thanks for making our stay enjoyable. Can't really say much more than that. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and i have been going to Grenada every year for the past 6 years! I cannot describe enough how amazing this place it. The Grenadian by Rex Resorts is incredible, it has the most beautiful grounds which are tended to with great care, i have never met such wonderful staff who will go out of their way to accomodate your needs, it sounds silly to say but whenever we go back to the Rex as well as a much needed holiday it also feels like we are going back to see our friends. The Rex is situated on a private beach, the beach is beautiful and you can always find a private spot if you do not want to be around lots of people and if you would like a fresh coconut one of the gardeners would be happy to cut one down for you! We always stay in the beach front apartments, the rooms are perfect with huge beds, TV, wireless, shower/bath, balcony, fridge, aircon, safe,all you could need in a room, if you experience any problems with your room the handyman is on site and will sort out anything you are not happy with. The Pool/Bar area is beautiful, especially when the sun is setting, so picturesque, there are plenty of sunbeds in the shade and in the sun, when the weather is good they also serve lunch there and sometimes dinner.
The Food at the rex is lovely, everything is so fresh, we have not had a bad experience with the food. Breakfast is amazing, so much selection, freshly made omlettes with your choice of filling, pancakes, croissants, fried breakfast, cereal, fruit, the list could go on but there is something for everyone! Lunch is great with huge selection of food, pasta, fried chicken, salad, burgers, curries everything you could possible think of. Dinner is brilliant there is something different everynight to choose from and their homemade soup is gorgeous and their BBQ night is incredible!
The entertainment is fantastic, with steel bands performances, crab racing, even a kareokie night which is always fun.
I cannot describe enough how lovely the Grenadinian is and we have already booked to come again this Christmas. If you want a holiday which is perfect from start to finish you should definately come here!!

Room Tip: If you can get a beach front apartment they are definately the best!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I love Grenada and would love to make it my second home, the Rex Grenadian is a lovely hotel 5 minutes from the airport, the driveway to the reception is lined with palm trees and tamarind trees and they are lovely when in full bloom. After a long flight we were taken by taxi to the reception and given a nice cold rum punch and a hot towel to wipe away your last remaining stress levels from England.
We were upgraded to a beach front room with a bowl of fruit and a bottle of champagne and the best view of the beach and ocean. I waisted no time in getting down into the sea, if you don't know how to snorkel then learn quickly, the reef here is full of fish of fantastic shapes, colours and sizes I get mesmerised every time I snorkel.
I love the restaurants here, breakfast is my favourite meal here at the Rex. Susan is usually at the egg station to do your eggs exactly the way you want them, I can taste it now, 3 egg omelette with cheese and mushroom, sausages and bacon, fried plantain, salt fish, crab cakes, toast and the banana bread is to die for. Lunch gets served at the pool restaurant and the pumpkin soup is awesome. I like the pool restaurant as I can just throw a tee shirt on and walk up from the beach and sit down to lunch. Evening dinner is either a buffet which I prefer or authentic Chinese served in their oriental restaurant.
The pool bar is the place to go after lunch to get a nice angels delight with a double shot of rum, you can have a great laugh watching Leslie getting everyone to play pool volleyball. The managers cocktail party is fantastic, I even won a bottle of champagne in the raffle. This holiday just gets better.
After 2 weeks here I was sad to be going home back to England. I made some great friends at the resort. And the staff here at the Rex are fantastic. I can't wait to make a return visit.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Grenada and stayed at the Grenadian by Rex Resorts at the end of January for a week.
This resort goes out of their way to add personal touches and accommodate all your needs. I've been to over 50 all inclusive resorts in my life and for a 4 star resort, I have to say this was a good one. Great value, delicious food (and they will prepare special meals for you if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies as I did), beautiful beach and amazing warm weather.
We got this package at a great price. It's also a 2 minute drive from the airport, but far enough that you don't hear any planes.
The island itself is beautiful and so are its people. We took a tour around the island one day and ended up at a small resort on the opposite end to have lunch named Petit Anse.
All in all, it was a great vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's hard to say how bad this experience was.. The service is horrible. The food is horrible.. The rooms are horrible. At check in, I was told continental breakfast was included.. Go to get the breakfast, and confirm with the waitress it is complementary.. As I start to leave she asked me to come back and said no I had to pay.. I would never have eaten that food for 47 dollars EC had I known it was not free.. She insisted I pay despite what I was told and confirmed about it being complimentary. The check in lady actually told a friend I was with to turn music on his headphones down,, emm. No you don't tell guests what to do like you're their parent. The air conditioning is useless you feel hot and sweaty all night it doesn't go any lower than 25. The bathtub stopped up and was unusable filled with water. The wifi didn't work at all and good luck getting anyone to do anything about it. It was a hike to get to the rooms and up the stairs.. You literally need a vacation after staying here. It's the most stressful experience.. I cannot tell you how glad I was to leave and will never go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
afmarsh, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We are dissapointed that your expectations was not met during the one night you stayed with us. It is obvious there was a misunderstanding at check-in as we offer our very early arriving guests a choice of coffee, tea or jucie and a danish as a welcome gesture. At no time do we offer complimentary continental breafast. I also noted your comment about the food but our record shows that apart from the continental breakfast you did not have any other meals.

The receptionist only asked your friend to lower the volume on his headphone since she was having difficulty communcating with both of you over the loud music. It is regretable that you never brought these issues to our attention during your night stay.

I apologise for the inconvenience and do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grenadian by rex resorts.
St. Augustine, null, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My brother and his family who live in Canada, together with my aunt and myself spent 3 wonderful days at this magnificent hotel. After walking to the resort from the airport we were greeted by the friendly staff. Our connecting rooms #3313F and 3314F were right on the beach. We were happy as we did not have to trek up the many steps to get to our rooms. The rooms were clean and soap, shampoo, shower jel and body lotion were replenished daily. The towels are soft and were changed daily. The beach here looks beautiful but is not good for swimming. Magazin Beach, where sports activities are arranged is the better beach. You can swim in the turquoise water all day. The restaurant staff is very helpful, especially Shirley Ann and Adonis. The food is plentiful and mouthwatering. I wish I could take the chef, Ms. Juillet Hazzard home with me.There was a variety of food including local food which we made the most of. The nutmeg and power ice cream were out of this world. Terry Peters, the bartender is very professional. He supplied us with a variety of cocktails. We certainly enjoyed the Banana Cow and Pinacolada. The only all inclusive place to be in Grenada is Rex Resort. This is my second visit to this resort and I will definitely return, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lndon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and children stayed here March 21st to 8th April 2013. We brought 2 special friends with us to experience the wonder Island of Grenada. It was their first time to the island and didn't know what to expect. They thoroughly had a great time and a big Thank You to Arlene and her staff for making them feel so welcome. They are now thinking of returning again in the summer of 2013 and staying at the Rex again - So first impressions lasted very well.
As for me and my family, we are repeat guests and have been travelling back and forth to Grenada for over 12 years. We love the island so much.We have brought friends and family to this lovely place and all of them have enjoyed it so much most of them returning guests.
Thank you to Arlene and all the staff at the Rex. From the first welcoming smile and the lovely fruit punch to the lovely food and friendly staff. Our rooms were fab!!!!! The children never came out of the pool and I even ventured into pool several times for Aqua Aerobics. The beaches are golden with the sand so soft, and sunsets to die for - paradise comes to mind.The receptions staff, the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the managment - all we cannot fault.
We are returning next year to renew our wedding vows with friends and family and will definately staying at this hotel.
A superb 3 Star Hotel with the quality of a 5 star.
Some refurbishments can be made but this does not effect the overall quality of what tis hotel can offer.
Anyone who wants to enjoy the unspoilt island of Grenada and want a hotel a stone throw away from the airport and with the most welcoming staff ever - this hotel is a must.
First Impressions always last but unfortunately some people expections are so high that no matter what will never be satisfied - so before being put off from the few negative feedbacks always be positive and read the good reviews - promise you will not be disappointed. ENJOY we certainly do.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a good facilites. Beachfront rooms are lovely - Royal Suites FAB!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grenadian by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!