“Great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Grand Anse
Toronto
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Grenada and stayed at the Grenadian by Rex Resorts at the end of January for a week.
This resort goes out of their way to add personal touches and accommodate all your needs. I've been to over 50 all inclusive resorts in my life and for a 4 star resort, I have to say this was a good one. Great value, delicious food (and they will prepare special meals for you if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies as I did), beautiful beach and amazing warm weather.
We got this package at a great price. It's also a 2 minute drive from the airport, but far enough that you don't hear any planes.
The island itself is beautiful and so are its people. We took a tour around the island one day and ended up at a small resort on the opposite end to have lunch named Petit Anse.
All in all, it was a great vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's hard to say how bad this experience was.. The service is horrible. The food is horrible.. The rooms are horrible. At check in, I was told continental breakfast was included.. Go to get the breakfast, and confirm with the waitress it is complementary.. As I start to leave she asked me to come back and said no I had to pay.. I would never have eaten that food for 47 dollars EC had I known it was not free.. She insisted I pay despite what I was told and confirmed about it being complimentary. The check in lady actually told a friend I was with to turn music on his headphones down,, emm. No you don't tell guests what to do like you're their parent. The air conditioning is useless you feel hot and sweaty all night it doesn't go any lower than 25. The bathtub stopped up and was unusable filled with water. The wifi didn't work at all and good luck getting anyone to do anything about it. It was a hike to get to the rooms and up the stairs.. You literally need a vacation after staying here. It's the most stressful experience.. I cannot tell you how glad I was to leave and will never go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
afmarsh, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We are dissapointed that your expectations was not met during the one night you stayed with us. It is obvious there was a misunderstanding at check-in as we offer our very early arriving guests a choice of coffee, tea or jucie and a danish as a welcome gesture. At no time do we offer complimentary continental breafast. I also noted your comment about the food but our record shows that apart from the continental breakfast you did not have any other meals.

The receptionist only asked your friend to lower the volume on his headphone since she was having difficulty communcating with both of you over the loud music. It is regretable that you never brought these issues to our attention during your night stay.

I apologise for the inconvenience and do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grenadian by rex resorts.
St. Augustine, null, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My brother and his family who live in Canada, together with my aunt and myself spent 3 wonderful days at this magnificent hotel. After walking to the resort from the airport we were greeted by the friendly staff. Our connecting rooms #3313F and 3314F were right on the beach. We were happy as we did not have to trek up the many steps to get to our rooms. The rooms were clean and soap, shampoo, shower jel and body lotion were replenished daily. The towels are soft and were changed daily. The beach here looks beautiful but is not good for swimming. Magazin Beach, where sports activities are arranged is the better beach. You can swim in the turquoise water all day. The restaurant staff is very helpful, especially Shirley Ann and Adonis. The food is plentiful and mouthwatering. I wish I could take the chef, Ms. Juillet Hazzard home with me.There was a variety of food including local food which we made the most of. The nutmeg and power ice cream were out of this world. Terry Peters, the bartender is very professional. He supplied us with a variety of cocktails. We certainly enjoyed the Banana Cow and Pinacolada. The only all inclusive place to be in Grenada is Rex Resort. This is my second visit to this resort and I will definitely return, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lndon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and children stayed here March 21st to 8th April 2013. We brought 2 special friends with us to experience the wonder Island of Grenada. It was their first time to the island and didn't know what to expect. They thoroughly had a great time and a big Thank You to Arlene and her staff for making them feel so welcome. They are now thinking of returning again in the summer of 2013 and staying at the Rex again - So first impressions lasted very well.
As for me and my family, we are repeat guests and have been travelling back and forth to Grenada for over 12 years. We love the island so much.We have brought friends and family to this lovely place and all of them have enjoyed it so much most of them returning guests.
Thank you to Arlene and all the staff at the Rex. From the first welcoming smile and the lovely fruit punch to the lovely food and friendly staff. Our rooms were fab!!!!! The children never came out of the pool and I even ventured into pool several times for Aqua Aerobics. The beaches are golden with the sand so soft, and sunsets to die for - paradise comes to mind.The receptions staff, the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the managment - all we cannot fault.
We are returning next year to renew our wedding vows with friends and family and will definately staying at this hotel.
A superb 3 Star Hotel with the quality of a 5 star.
Some refurbishments can be made but this does not effect the overall quality of what tis hotel can offer.
Anyone who wants to enjoy the unspoilt island of Grenada and want a hotel a stone throw away from the airport and with the most welcoming staff ever - this hotel is a must.
First Impressions always last but unfortunately some people expections are so high that no matter what will never be satisfied - so before being put off from the few negative feedbacks always be positive and read the good reviews - promise you will not be disappointed. ENJOY we certainly do.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a good facilites. Beachfront rooms are lovely - Royal Suites FAB!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The 5 minute drive from the airport is a definite advantage after a long flight. You always get a warm welcome with a cool cloth and a cold drink. if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing break with very friendly and caring staff, good food and fantastic views this is the place for you. My husband and I have just returned from our 7th visit here so I think that speaks for itself. We have been to a few Carribean Islalands over the years but we are drawn back to Grenada and the wonderful people. The beautiful grounds and lake are a bonus with lots of interesting wildlife. After a stroll round the lake in the evening we always end up at the pool bar for a cocktail to watch the sun setting over the ocean and the Egrets roosting in the trees. The resort has a wonderful relaxing ambience and we met many guests who have returned year after year. The room was well serviced with a comfortable bed, plenty of hot water and quiet and efficient air conditioning. Many thanks to all the staff for making a holiday so enjoyable especially Adonis, Alison, Gerard and Leslie. We will definately be coming back next year.

Room Tip: Block A has excellent views over the lake and ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter (aged 16) and I stayed at the Hotel during the period March 31 to April 10/2013. From the moment we arrived at the hotel and the warm welcome we received (and fruit punch) to the moment we left we had a wonderful time. All the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The food was amazing with a terrific selection. I still think of the various soups on offer and my daughter considers that the desserts (and plantain) were some of the best she had ever tasted (and she tried most of them!!) Our clean room looked over the beach front and the view was truly beautiful. I would have preferred a shower with a flexible hose but that is just my personal preference. The pool and the area surrounding the hotel was lovely. As a solicitor I was looking forward to a well deserved break from work and this was achieved. I noted that one of the guests had been coming to the place for 20 years. I rest my case. We had a fantastic time and will definitely return. Thank you to everyone at the Grenadian for making our stay so enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Middle floors beach front rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our stay during the period of March 25 - April 1st/2013 was very enjoyable and look forward to a return visit.

Positives: 5 min. to airport, all staff friendly and helpful, food very good with lots of selection, lovely pool and beach areas with great view of ocean and surrounding area, room clean with lots of hot water, mini fridge and safe provided, air conditioning worked well..pay attention to note on bathroom door to keep it closed for maximum efficiency, steel band "Wizards" provided an awesome evening of entertainment.

Negatives: Beach area to left of pool, although very beautiful and great for walks and drinks at beach bar, is not the best for swimming - suggest to use beach on right of pool where sports activities are arranged. Shower gel and shampoo was not replenished after use...fortunately had brought a bit, so it was not an issue. Day prior to leaving requested and it was quickly supplied. Some vendors on beach, but not a problem if you say pleasantly, but firmly, "no thanks".

Suggested Tours: Market at St. Georges with Fort Visit (half day) , Catamaran Day Tour to Island for Lobster Dinner, Day Tour to Grenadines on Schooner.

Note: Special thanks to Dahalia who worked at the bars and was especially personable and aimed to please.

It is a great 3+ resort and would most definately recommend. Grenada is a beautiful island to visit with friendly, helpful residents.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grenadian by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!