I stayed at the resort for 5 days with my fiance, after La Source resort was closed. We got a pretty good deal on Orbitz, so the price was definitely reasonable. A few thoughts about the resort:
- Close to the airport. It is worth the $10 cab ride to get you to the hotel in one minute. From landing to being at the hotel was under 30 min for us, it was fabulous after taking an overnight flight (and a long layover in Trinadad)
- Check in was pretty slow. After a long night of traveling, having to sit in a non air conditioned lobby while we just waited without being told much of anything was not idea. Especially when she told us our room wasn't ready. We did get upgraded to a beach front room, which was nice, but there were probably only 20 other people at the resort when we got there and we walked by TONS of empty rooms (with doors open), on the way to our room.
- Room was fine. We had a nice view of the ocean and were on the 2nd floor. The waves crashing can be a little loud though, and did wake me up at night (although hard to complain when the only noise is the ocean when you are on vacation!)
- Food was ok. We arrived on the first day around 1:30 pm, and they would not give us wristbands (to show we had the all inclusive deal), until 3pm, which was official check in time. I was a little annoyed by that, because lunch ended at 2:30 and there was nothing (except what tasted like butter sandwichs at afternoon tea) until dinner. We were spending 5 nights at the hotel, they could have given us the courtsey of letting us have lunch after travelling 12 hours to get there. Otherwise breakfast was the best meal of the day. Freshly made eggs/omlettes were awesome. The other meals were fine. Basically chicken/fish/sometimes beef with salad and side dishes. The resort was very empty when we were there, so there was only the one main buffet resturant for breakfast and dinner and by the pool for lunch. My major complaint was the "dress code" for the buffet. We say people in tshirts and shorts eating dinner there, and the one night my fiance wore a tshirt (a nice tshirt that was tucked into long khaki pants, with a belt on), he was told after our meal, that he has to dress with a collared shirt to eat there next time. Considering we are eating at a BUFFET with no AC and no other options, this was ridiculous, and insulting. The men in the resturant should not be sweating and uncomfortable on their vacation. Espeically since the buffet resturant was not particularily nice.
- Otherwise everything was average. No swim up bar, bartenders were slow, very limited options on drinks. It was a pretty location and good vacation, but for the money, I would go to an all inclusive in Mexico or other Caribbean location.
-Also, they had "activities" listed on a chalkboard everyday (water aerobics, games, etc), which never actually happened. On one day some guys came around to see if people wanted to play a beach game, and one of the guests pointed out that they were asking 45 min after the time of the "scheduled" activity and the employee replied "well, we're on island time". Maybe true, but we are paying to be here. A little customer service would be appreciated.
-Also, either book things ahead of time or plan to stay at the resort. When were were there, not one was there offering tours (just because it is off season doesn't mean you shouldn't try to give your guests options), and the resort is not close to anything except the airport
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.