Spice Island is a very well run family owned hotel with a big focus on customer service. Everything ticks over like clock work and the staff are well trained, highly accommodating and thoughtful. The family and management are clearly doing a great job and all make the effort personally to ensure that they meet each guest and most likely greet them and wave them off too. The hotel is immaculately clean and endeavours to do whatever it can to enhance your stay. It is for the most part an all inclusive hotel and this is delivered within a generous spirit with no quibbles or petty rules about what is included and what is not. Both lunch and dinner offer 5 courses and this is delivered in high style with lots of attention to detail. Staff are quick to replenish glasses and to offer a picnic if you are heading out. The chef is making a good effort, the food is very well presented and the changing menu does offer variety. In spite of this we found the food bland and somehow monotonous and we quickly tired of going to dinner here. Sadly we didn't care for any of the inclusive wines offered either and found the cocktails wishy washy. Breakfast was particularly uninspiring with cheap juices and a small buffet, cooked eggs etc were fine but other dishes such as pancakes were dry. We also disliked the restaurant itself as it is a long dull functional uniform room devoid of either style or ambiance. We went out to eat a number of times, Laluna and Calabash being the closest by. Neither are temples of culinary genius but we desperately craved a change of food and scene. Our Seagrape Suite was spacious and pleasant enough with a small patio opening onto a nice beach, though it is a public beach and your neighbours are near so it is not very private. The bathroom was large and there was plenty of storage. The bar stools and pool furniture are naff and in need of an update as is the pool itself. Our conclusion would be that this is a 4 star hotel with regards to food, decor and general finish though very much 5 star with regards to the friendly efficient personalised service and customer focused ethos. Grenada itself is a beautiful island, St Georges one of the most interesting and lovely Caribbean capitals that we have seen and the locals are outstandlingly helfpul and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse