My husband and I spent 10 nights here for our first wedding anniversary and loved every minute. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. everyone who works at the hotel goes out of their way to provide great service always with a smile.
We upgraded to a sea grape suite (room 43) which was worth it in my opinion, on the beach with great views and a lovely patio area with hammock and sun loungers.
My restaurant overall was very good, some nights were better than others but always variety and choice.
We took the all inclusive plan which good value however the house wine was not good at all. I noticed most other guests drank house wine so maybe it's just my taste. We ordered off the wine menu most nights which was costly.
I visited the spa twice and wasn't that impressed, I was really surprised to hear the spa was part of the hotel - the staff in the spa are so different to the main hotel - no service with a smile. My second treatment I complained about because the treatment rooms are only separated by slatted double doors so I could hear the guest next door arrive for his treatment and explain about his back problems whilst I was trying to relax during a massage.
All the other guests at the hotel were very friendly which created a lovely atmosphere, it's a great place to unwind and relax!
We took a car around the island one day and visited some of the tourist attractions - coco plantation, st George's and a great beach called bath ways in the north of the island. It's a pretty island and everyone is very friendly - it's well worth going to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse