In February 2013, my wife and I visited once again Spice Island Resort, the fourth time to be precise. We left the UK in the snow and arrived in beautiful sunshine, Ryan Hopkins, son of Sir Royston was there to greet us and straight away made us feel at home. Straight away virtually every staff member we bumped into (not literally) knew who we were. What was also pleasing was that the majority of the staff were the same ones we met on our first visit here. We were then shown to our Seagrapes suite which was the same one we had stayed at on our three previous visits. We were not disappointed as suite 7 is a perfect position in relation to the beach.
The extremely high standards at the hotel had not only been maintained but in most cases had been surpassed. The food seems to get better and better, thanks to Fabian and his team. The bar staff appear to have telepathic ability in relation to when to refill your glass of wine and lets face it there is nothing worse than either an overly enthusiastic waiter or someone who forgets all together!! The chap who refilled our minibar was far more efficient in predicting the weather than weather.com. Little things like this where staff bend over backwards to make your stay memorable just puts this hotel head and shoulders above any other hotel I have stayed at in the Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse