This was my third time at the Spice Island, this time in a girlie group of four. We had a brilliant time. Again everything was outstanding, from the minute we arrived to see that lovely view of the sea from the reception area. The whole atmosphere is just a cut above anywhere else I have been in the Caribbean. The food is very good, and varied, with lots of local ingredients. Yes sometimes the service in the restaurant could be a bit slow. The staff are just lovely, and nothing is too much trouble. They call you by name, a really nice touch. The Hotel Manager Brian and Fabian the Food and Beverage Manager are much in evidence to ensure that everything runs smoothly. We were relaxed from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Like lots of others we love the Seagrape Suites right on the beach and cannot understand the reviewer who said there was no privacy because people were walking past all the time. The beach is public, like all the beaches in the Caribbean, but the rooms are built back from the public part and there are security guards to keep intruders away. There are vendors on the beach but they are polite and we never found them a problem.
We truly could not find fault with anything and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the Spice Island. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse