We started our holiday by staying here for a week over the new year. Having booked a almond suite with pool I was glad we had as the seagrape suites, are yes on the beach but have people (other residents and locals) walking past and are able to see in.
The room was lovely however after staying at some of the top hotels in the world, i personally wouldnt class the resort as 5 star, it would be a good 4 star. The decor needed a touch up in most areas and the bathroom could do with overhauling and bringing more up to date. White marble is nice but very 80's.
The restaurant food was excellent but the ambiance lets it down. It feels more like a canteen with then trying to get you in and out. Tables are set quite close to each other so you dont really get much privacy.
Staff were friendly and greeted you by name which was a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse