We have just returned from the most fantastic week at the Spice Island. The hotel and grounds were just as we expected, and the beach is stunning, all 1.5 miles of it.
We stayed in the Seagrape Suites right on the beach. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, the bathroom was lovely and the patio area comfortable too. The only disappointment was the bedside light, bizarre design and not bright enough (that is our only complaint though !)
The public areas, gardens and restaurants were lovely, but the best thing about it was the staff, who were by far the best we have ever come across in the Caribbean. Nothing was too much trouble, they were always friendly and helpful. The Room Service staff even phoned our two girls one morning, to ask them if they were coming to the restaurant for breakfast, or would they like something sent along ! And when my daughter left the tomato from the chicken sandwich she had ordered, the next time it arrived without tomato. In addition, having room service as part of the all inclusive was really nice, as was the mini bar too. The staff remembered our names and our drink of choice.
The beach is lovely and the sea swimming great, though the Hawkers can be a nuisance. (I always use the theory that if no-one buys anything then they would have to give up, but sadly others don't).
All in all a fantastic place, and we will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse