My wife and I recently returned to the Spice Island, having been here 2 years recently. All I can say is that second time round even surpassed our first visit and believe me that's a big ask! Soon as we arrived Ryan, the owners son welcomed us back. Although this was a lovely touch, we were equally taken back by how many of the other staff remembered us. Incidently, virtually all the same staff were still there, always a good sign. After a quick, agony free check in we were shown our room and a pleasent suprise was that they put us in the same one we stayed in 2 years ago. It was one of the sea grape suites that we so enjoed last time around.
Later that evening we went to dinner at Olivers and we were very pleased to see that the standards had not slipped at all. The service was very attentive and all the staff were very helpful and responsive. Unsurprisingly the majority of the people staying at the hotel were repeat visitors who like us, were already planning for future visits. Unfortunately, our short (too short!!) stay (only one week, we had to be back for our son's birthday, by the way he was jealous he could not be with us this time) was over but as we left virtually all of the owner's family came out to say goodbye. I am already missing spice, but my wife and I are planning to spend our 30th wedding anniversary there in 2 years time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada's breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover's dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown(R) amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring soaker tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, West Indies, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Grand Anse