We stayed in this resort in Jan 2013 and our overall experience was good.
Location- The resort is a bit secluded and away from the hustle bustle of Chaweng. However, the hotel provides free shuttle to Chaweng twice daily and there is also a 7-11 store nearby to get necessary items. it was quite peaceful.
Beach- The beach is clean, sunbeds are nice. because of the location, only a few people are there on the beach so you can have the beach practically for yourself.
Staff- Very courteous and ready to help.
Restaurant- We being vegetarians did not have much choice in terms of food. Also the staff did not understand properly. Everything from ham to bacon to steak were veg and they kept nodding and smiling in agreement.
Room and cleanliness - We stayed in a pool villa thinking it will be quite private but sadly it is not private at all. Anyone from the adjacent villas to people passing by can have a look at you in the pool. So the whole purpose of privacy is lost. I think the pool access villas were better off.
The room was nice with traditional thai decor with heavy wooden panellings. The bathroom was large, jacuzzi was nice and big enough for two people. However, i think the overall room has become outdated and requires renovation. the wooden polish has faded at many places.
The housekeeping was not that great. When we arrived the room was done up beautifully and later on it was never cleaned so well. also, the turndown service was average. Toiletries can be improved upon.
Infinity Swimming pool was very very nice. Had a great time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand