My girlfriend and I are travellers and stayed here when my family came out to visit us in Thailand for 9 days.
The resort is really nice with pool and on the beach with breakfast buffet by the beach on a morning. The room is really big, 3 of us stayed in one room and had no troubles, but the room is a little out dated. You get free towels from the bar by the pool and the room is cleaned everyday with 4 bottles of complimentary water per room. The breakfast was nice, good variety of food, from Thai to western. We ate at the restaurant one evening but decided to eat out after this - we found it much better value for money around the resort for example, Poom's, Luna Hut and Harry's.
Our room was in the block of rooms and from what we saw we would not pay the extra price to have the private pools because the pool is one big length along all the rooms, so not really private. Plus you spend more time by the beach anyway.
There is a free shuttle to Fisherman's village/Bhoput and Chaweng at 10am and 4pm but only one way, would have to get a taxi back. Can get an airport transfer from here too, they are about 100B more expensive than from the other places around the resort. We rented a car for 1500B p/day but you can get a deal for 3+ days.
The gym was handy to have and all 5 of us used it. It was, however, not what we expected. The display on the treadmill did not work, so you could not see what level you were using etc and there was only one treadmill. It did have weights and an area to stretch. Water and paper towels in there too and good aircon.
When we left we got a free lift to the end of the street to continue our travelling! We enjoyed staying here as the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel does need the odd touch ups though; it is not a modern place but still very nice.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Venere, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.