Samui Buri is on a beautiful beach and the venue in itself has the potential of being a really good property. (although constructed in a way that gives no privacy to anyone anywhere). Alas, the place seems to be suffering from grave mismanagement. The feeling you get when walking about the property is that they have not cared to clean the place in the past couple of months. The fitness centre is outright disguisting (apart from featuring non-functioning machines). It was bad to the extent that I brought it to the attention of the resort manager, who promised prompt cleaning of the place, which two days later had not yet begun. And the children's club is a sad joke, probably put on by someone who hates children, or at least have no idea of their likings and needs.
And the restaurant! Whereas the breakfast is ok (although with extremely slow and unattentive service) and features a good eggs counter, the rest of the day they serve virtually inedible food from a minimal menue. Ou are much better off walking along the beach to one of the beach chacks that at least serve fresh food!
The service staff, especially at the restaurant, seemed to dislike both each other and their jobs. You would see them argue with one another or play with their telephones, but rarely wait on guests, or clearing tables.
This said, the room we stayed in (private villa with "pool") was pretty and well-kept. Nothing special, and with an exceptionally noicy aircon, but good enough.
And the pool area is ok. A bit unkept, like everything else in the place, but not so bad that it would trigger a poor review.
Would not recommend anyone to go and would absolutely not go back. You pay for a four+ star resort and get a three star property with a two- star service. Honestly, they do their best at ruining Koh Samui as a vacation destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand