I stayed here in late september as part of my honeymoon and I absolutely loved this place !!!
1- Staff are absoutly friendly, they make you feel welcome, they understand your needs and they try their best to satisfy them. From the car driver to the receptionist to the front desk officers and above all Mr. Vigbjorn, he is one of the reasons I loved this place! he's very attentive and detail oriented, it's really nice chatting with him and you can feel he's genuinly trying to make your stay as good as he can, he's the op manager you'ld want for your hotel, whether you're the owner or the guest! I really wish all the hotels had staff like this!
2- The view: I booked a sunset suite and got the best views (see photos attached)
3- The breakfast: was delicious and the view right on the sea was very relaxing
4- Next door is the infamous W retreat, the staff was nice enough to drive us there with the hotel golf buggy to grab some sushi at Namu restaurant (which is nice but overpriced btw) and staff at w retreat (which were very friendly as well) offered us the ride home.
5- We tried dinner at fair house restaurant once which was good, not very special but the pizza and noodles with prawn was pretty good.
6- The hotel spirit ! I felt like I was home and I didn't want to leave although our next destination was suposed to be a higher category resort but we felt sad leaving.
7- The room was very good with all the ammenties, the honeymoon flowers on bed, with a flat screen tv, dvd and home theater and everything was clean.
Cons -that didn't bother us at all but should be mentioned for future travellers :
1- Far and away from chaweng and everything so you can't really go and walk outside the hotel at 11 pm for example, but they have free shuttles to chaweng and I think they have cabs you can use anytime. We didn't feel the need to use any.
2- The beach is a little rough to walk barefooted on, it's not the all soft white kinda sand but the view and the atmosphere made up for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand