“Superb property, rooms & amazing hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fair House Villas & Spa

You added Fair House Villas & Spa to your Saves list
Fair House Villas & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   39 Moo 1, Maenam Beach, Mae Nam, Ko Samui 84330, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Mae Nam
4.5 of 5 stars 347 Reviews
“Superb property, rooms & amazing hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Amazing property, I'm very much impressed with this hotel. I stayed at Fair house villa for 3 nights in July for my Honeymoon. Must really appreciate the customer service at fair house villa. Myself being a vegetarian the hotel ensured my requests were met into. I was given a room upgrade complimentarily by the operations manager Mr. Vig as I had met with an accident 2 weeks before my trip to koh Samui & was concerned with walking as I had booked a sunset suite which is very steep. The manager upgraded me to a pool villa without any extra charges. Also the staff is excellent. They always welcome with a smiling face when u see them. Really enjoyed their hospitality. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who want to have a relaxed and comfortable stay. Also please visit the nearby restaurant 'W', its a place which will definitely attract your attention. Thank you for the superb hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Sandeepkannan.

Thank you for your kind review. Great to see that you and your wife enjoyed a memorable honeymoon with us. I am glad you enjoyed the room we gave you and that you were impressed with the hospitality and service by our team. We are always looking to help our guests make the most out of their stay it is always rewarding to see when these efforts result in happy guests.

Again many thanks for your feedback. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at Fair House Villas on my honeymoon, for five nights. On arrival, much to our delight we were upgraded to the most amazing Beach front villa with private pool! The attention to detail in the decoration was outstanding, from beautiful swans on the bed, to flower petals everywhere.....like what you would see in a film! The villa was huge and so luxurious!The food from the restaurant was delicious, and room service delivers it right to the door,i'd say in ten minutes also with the impressive dvd collection and surround sound system....it was perfect for a cosy,relaxing night in. With the free shuttle buses to Chaweng, the great nightlife is not far away either. The buffet breakfast has a huge selection, which is always fresh and tasty. The staff are so welcoming and friendly as they greet you each morning for breakfast. The grounds are impeccable, the views are simply stunning, especially the sunsets! The pool area is fantastic,it is a great size pool with loungers that get the sun all day! We had an incredible honeymoon here at Fairhouse Villas, we looked at about twelve different hotels on Samui for our honeymoon and I am so glad we picked Fairhouse Villas, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a little piece of paradise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear KimBerkeley,

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback on your experience at Fair House Villas & Spa. We are very proud and happy to see that you enjoyed such a nice time with us. Your enthusiasm means a lot to us as well. I am very proud to see that you found so many positives to remember during your time here.

I also appreciate that you did thorough research before you went on holiday, as I know that is important to make sure you will be satisfied with your choice. There are many guests these who contact me directly at om@fairhousevillas.com to ask questions or get information and I am always happy to help out.

It makes us very happy to know that you enjoyed such a memorable honeymoon with us. I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed with two friends at Fair House for 10 days in June. The hotel is perfectly located on a peaceful beach with easy access to both Chaweng and Fisherman's Village. There are free shuttle buses several times a day to their sister hotel at Chaweng Beach, and the staff is happy to drive you to the supermarket nearby or arrange for other transportation.

When we arrived we were brought to our gorgeous room – beautifully furnished, clean and with a spacious bathroom. From our large balcony there was an amazing view over the hotel area, Ma Naem beach and the sea.

The breakfast was amazing with both Asian and Western dishes, pastries, fruit, cereals, and an egg station where the chef happily would make your selection of egg. The lunch and dinner menu were really great as well.

During our stay in Thailand we went to Ko Tao and Ko Phangan – two islands just outside Ko Samui, and when we got back to Fair House it felt like we were coming home. The service was impeccable and we were always met with a smile. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating, always ready to help with any inquiries we may have. We ended up extending our stay several times, and will definitely be back soon. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Vic789,

Many thanks for your review. I am overwhelmed by all the positive feedback from you and your friends and it is great to see that you had such a nice time with us.

I think it is great that you got to explore the neighboring islands during your stay and of course I am happy that you felt excited to come back to our resort.

It was lovely to have you here and I am very grateful for your visit and for your kind feedback. I sincerely hope we can welcome you all back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Fair House Villas & Spa with two friends in June 2013 for 10 days and we loved it! We decided to extend our stay with 7 days because it met all our needs - and more!

We were welcomed by a lovely staff and brought to our room. We stayed in a Sunset Jacuzzi room which was great, the room was large and so was the balcony. Delicately furnished, and with a large bed. The bathroom was nice and clean. After a day at the private beach it was amazing to enjoy the incredible view from our very own jacuzzi!

The hotel area is cozy and it was a pleasure to walk the short path down to the breakfast/restaurant and the pool area. Each morning we were met by smiling staff members who gave us the perfect start of the day. The breakfast as well as the restaurant menu was good and offered a variety of Western and Thai food. The pool is sitauted next to the beach and the restaurant area so you have everything you need for a lovely day in the sun.

We found the service excellent and it most certainly made our stay even better! The staff were so helpful and accomodating, and arranged transport like ferry or bus, or drove us to the closest supermarket. We felt safe and welcomed during the whole stay which we find very important.

We really liked the location of the hotel. As it is situated in a quiet area with a private beach it is easy to relax. However, if you want to party or experience what Koh Samui has to offer, you can easily take a taxi to Chaweng city, or any other place and on the island.

I will highly recommend Fair House Villas & Spa. We will be back soon!

- Mari

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mari,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed it so much and found so many positive aspects of our hotel. As always, my favorite comments are the ones on the service. The team works very hard to make sure our guests are enjoying their stay and it is very rewarding to see that this reflects in the feedback.

It was a great pleasure to have you and your friends here and I certainly hope you will come back some day.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Me and some friends stayed at this hotel in the end of june and loved our stay! We were greeted by very friendly staff members, and our room was beautiful! The bathroom was large and very nice decorated. It was always clean which is something that was very important to us. Through our entire stay the staff did everything to make our stay perfect, from driving us to the nearest supermarket when we needed to buy something to ordering ferry tickets and driving us/picking us up when we visited islands nearby or other places.

The pool area and the beach was great. During our stay we only had a few sunny days, so this might be one of the reasons why we did not experience that the pool area was crowded. We ate at the hotel almost every day, and they offered a varied menu with delicious thai food and also pizzas etc. The breakfast was also good, and they for instance had an 'egg station' where they would make your choice of eggs.

Overall I would say that this hotel is perfect for a relaxing holiday, and that you get a lot for the money you spend. Thank you Fairhouse!

Maiken

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maiken,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy to see that you and your friends enjoyed such a nice time at Fair House Villas & Spa and that you felt you got more than you paid for. I am especially proud to see that the team was so helpful and service minded throughout your stay, which is very important to us. I am also happy that you enjoyed our food and beverage selection as well as our breakfast.

Again thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again for your next trip to Koh Samui.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here and wished we could have stayed more than two nights! Beautiful rooms in the garden villas- a huge bed (somewhere between a king size and two doubles) and amazing bath and all beautifully furnished and decorated! The pool area was great- can get noisy sometimes because of kids, so i would recommend sitting a little further back but it was never a problem. We didn't get breakfast included so we ordered a la cart, but were disappointed with oily bacon and eggs- unmemorable! However/ there were a lot of resturaunts along the main road (which the staff insisted on driving us to on the hotel buggy as its about 10min walk along unpaved rd) where we often ate. Overall- amazing place to stay for relaxing and quiet holiday!

• Stayed July 2013
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Woods0692,

Many thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed such a nice and relaxing time with us during your holidays. I also appreciate your comments and your recommendation. I am sorry that our bacon and eggs for breakfast did not impress you, but I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy some of the nice local cuisine. I am also happy that our staff were helpful to drive you out to the main road in our golf buggy.

Thank you as well for coming to stay with us. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited the Fairhouse Villas and Spa in June 2013. What can we say....perfection on a private beach!!
We arrived on a sweltering day to a very lovely welcome and an ice cold local juice drink. We had booked into a sunset jacuzzi room for 10 nights and then discovered that we had very kindly been upgraded to a beachfront pool villa!! We were extremely grateful for this after a 20 hour journey and the fact that our airline had misplaced our bags for the last three days whilst we had been in Bangkok!
We were taken to our suite on a golf buggy (our luggage was taken for us separately) and shown around our beautiful villa by a lovely lady from the reception team. Our private pool was absolutely amazing and the villa itself was just beautiful. The level of decor was fantastic, the amount of money that it must have taken to fit out all the rooms in the beautiful dark wooden furniture must have been huge but it was definitely with it.
Our bed was a beautiful four poster with the classic white drapes and there were fresh flower heads dotted around in tissue boxes, on pillows, by the bath etc.
Our villa had an area directly in front of it with 2 sun loungers on just for us with at least 5 metres of space each side before the next set was placed. Plus there were ‘strategically placed’ planters in between too so you really did feel like you were sitting on your very own private beach.....bliss!!
We decided to book ourselves in for a treatment in the spa that evening and I’m very glad we did! We were booked into a double treatment room and enjoyed wonderful massages for the next 45 minutes. The masseurs were obviously trained to a high level as I have always held tension in my right shoulder blade and I can tell a good masseur as they realise this quickly and work on this area...needless to say it was singled out straight away! We left the spa feeling amazingly relaxed and ready to start our holiday!
The restaurant is a beautiful open sided area and we found the food and service to be second to none. The staff were so attentive and there was always a smile on hand at any time of the day.
We also ordered room service twice and both times it came in record time, freshly cooked food delivered directly to our door within 15 minutes (and surprisingly it was the same price as if we’d have gone over to the restaurant).
We only went in the main pool once as we had our own one but it was lovely and nicely set on different levels so that it didn’t feel crowded (although the resort was very quiet whilst we were there anyway, which was great). It was a lovely touch to have a swim up bar with submerged stools shaped as turtle backs too.
The cocktails were lovely and we loved the happy hour each night (we even tried to replicate our favourites when we returned home but they just didn’t taste as good!).
We went back to the spa later on in the holiday and found it to be just as amazing as the first time. You step out feeling like you’re floating!
There is an organic garden onsite too and you can have the opportunity to plant your own tree and place a name plaque so we did this and love the fact that we’ve left a piece of our holiday there growing (whilst we unfortunately had to leave!)
The lovely lovely people that work there really made such an effort to make us feel welcome and valued as guests, we could not fault the service level at the Fairhouse. Everyone was so polite and gracious and we really felt comfortable and well taken care of on our holiday.
The shuttle bus (a lovely 8 seater minibus with leather seats and air conditioning) was great as we often went into Chewang and this was a handy touch.
We travelled the majority of the island when we hired a car for a couple of days and from looking around at the other hotels and resorts we definitely felt that we were in the nicest area and in one of the best hotels on the island. When travelling around we spotted a few of the hotels we remember looking at on the internet when we were booking and said to each other that we were so glad we choose ours!
We were so sad to leave but we would definitely visit Koh Samui again in the future and there’s no question that we would stay at the Fairhouse.
I always feel that it is important to take the time to give positive feedback as these days people jump so quickly to criticise and leave negative feedback but don’t often take the time to report on the good things. I filled out our check-out questionnaire and wrote how impressed I was with the whole holiday. A few days after we returned home I received an email from Vigbjorn, the operations manager, personally thanking me for my feedback and for choosing the Fairhouse. It was a lovely email, finishing off with “Again many thanks for staying with us. I hope you had a safe trip home and a smooth transition back into your everyday routines. We sincerely hope we will have the honour of welcoming you back one day in the future”. I read this as I was just heading through the car park into work on a rainy Manchester morning and I tell you I nearly turned round, picked up my husband and boarded a flight back!!
So to sum it up, as you can guess from the above(!), we would definitely recommend The Fairhouse as an absolutely beautiful and tranquil place to spend your hard earned holiday. We will be returning as soon as we can!
Thank you Fairhouse!
Nina & David Templeton, UK

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Templeton,

I have to say, after spending a lot of my time and effort responding to feedback for the past few years, this has to be one of the most heart-warming reviews I have had the honor of responding to. It is not just the fact that you enjoyed your stay, which I am obviously thrilled about. I am mostly grateful for the time you have taken to elaborate into such detail, which is of great value to us.

Of course, a big factor to making your stay so memorable was the complimentary upgrade we were able to offer you, which was our pleasure. Of course this is nothing we can guarantee or which we want future guests to expect this, but our front office team does try to play around with our availability so we can arrange for these kind of surprises for our guests. Priority is always given to direct bookers, who we also quote the best prices. Again, I do not want guests to be disappointed if they are not upgraded, and keep in mind that even our standard category rooms, the Garden Villa, is a very nice room with a high value for money.

Thank you for all the kind words on our rooms design, décor, spa services, restaurant service, shuttle service, beach, pool, cocktail and all the other things as well. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay. Especially I am happy to see that the team did such a good job to serve you during your stay. I will be sure to compliment them on their good work. If you want, please write me a list of your favorite cocktails and I will get our Bar Manager to send you the detailed recipes. Some can be hard to recreate 100% due to fresh, local ingredients (some we even pick straight from our garden), but it is worth a try.

As for the question you asked in the review title “how soon can we go back?”, the answer from us has to be as soon as possible. Nothing makes our team happier than seeing members of the now world-wide fair house family return to stay us.

Again thank you for your kind and valuable review. I wish you both a lovely end to your summer. When it does start to get cold, please remember that we are ready to welcome you back to our tropical island any time.

Operations Manager

Been to Fair House Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!