“Would like to have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: We're just a small cafe' with simple menu .We're not a Luxury Cafe' and not even close to be perfect but we provide an exceptional experience for you.Welcome to About Cafe', we open 7.30 Am. - 5 Pm.(Close every Sunday) & free WIFI for customers.Sometimes the happiness is very simple, not complicated at all :)) Our IG: aboutcafesamui / PS.We change day off from Tuesdsy to Sunday ( So,Now Sunday is our day off)
Edinburgh
“Would like to have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just wish I could have worked my way through the whole of the menu as the food was delicious.

The owner of this place is very talented - take a mkinute to look at her portfolio of work!

Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Cute little cafe worth a visit, or two!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to About Cafe today for lunch and were not disappointed with the Trip Advisor recommendations.
The drinks are incredible ( coffee, chocolate shake, fruit juices) and the food equally as good.
The four of us had a sandwich, baguette ( really fresh and yummy bread) and 4 roti wraps ( two of us had one each, and enjoyed them so much they ordered another!)
There is so much to look at in the cafe, you could spend hours checking the place out.
The service was very fast and efficient, we could not ask for anything more!
We will be back!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Scrummy brekkie, quirky surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A lovely discovery which we went to daily when we could. Freshly ground coffee, delicious pancakes, fresh juices - all delivered in delightful little ways by a lovely lady. Definitely recommend.

Visited May 2013
Hyderabad, India
“Quaint and full of character!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Quaint and full of character! Really lovely place, good and tasty food at reasonable prices. Nice, friendly staff. Go eat here!

Visited May 2013
Timaru
“A piece of slow on a fast island.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My partner and myself found this gorgeous cafe the first morning of our trip to Mae Nam(thank you Tripadvisor), and we came back every morning(and some lunchtimes) for the week.

If you are looking for a Starbucks or a Costa cafe or some other place where they write your name on a cup and you feel special, then this is not the place for you.
If you are looking for an experience where you can sit, think, and watch the world go by, then this is perfect for you.

A trip to AboutCafe is an experience, it is being welcomed inside the mind of the owner Koy, who is a gentle considerate soul. It is obvious in how everything is placed in the cafe, and in the way everything is given and taken, that peace and calm are of the highest priority to Koy.

You may not notice the extra touches(such as how the fans are adjusted to benefit everyone best as people come and go, or the unique and humourous selection of cups and cutlery that your order is served in) but they are there. I am a bit pedantic, and in one breakfast sitting, I counted 17 acts of thoughtfulness Koy and her staff showed to their guests.

I am a big fan of the Propaganda range of cups/mugs, and this is the only cafe I have found in Thailand and its Islands that showcase this great Thai brand. A huge thumbs-up from me.

Her personal interests and artwork are the decor. From retro wind-up robots, to her photography portfolios-it seems that everything visual that interests her finds a place without it being cluttered or messy. She has devoted a huge amount of time and space to showcasing her international friends, and uses the wall to share their onward travels with you as you sip your coffee. You could sit all day and just let your eyes wander around the cafe and be entertained. If you are any way interested in the visual, pick up one of Koy's photography portfolios and let your eyes wander over each page, trying to imagine her thought processes as she composed her photos. I loved them ! Some very original and unique compositions to my eyes.

The coffee and food, to my taste, were excellent. Her french blend coffee was the nicest I have tasted in Thailand. As a previous reviewer said, if something is not on the menu, speak to Koy and she will make it to your liking. In my case, I was looking for an iced mocha, and she made a fantastic one. I stopped by for one to take out mostly every afternoon after that.

Koy herself is quiet and thoughtful as previously stated. She is however extremely warm and sincere and friendly when spoken to, and that for me is the point. As she said herself in a previous reply, It is her heart she is putting into everything, and I truly believe that is what is responsible for the results. She works hard to make each person's experience the best it can be. For some, I think they completely miss it, and for others, it is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you Koy !!