We are likely very difficult to please as resort clients as our expectations are so high, however, Although it is not the four seasons or banyan, this resort was a wonderful experience for us, especially for the mid-price point we paid (~$300 per night) for a villa compared to the $700-$1,100 quoted by those other resorts
Set on the northern beaches of koh samui between the four seasons and the W Retreat, the beach is quite nice and isolated, the infinity pool quite beautiful and relaxing, the grounds are beautiful and well kept, and the staff all friendly and always going out of your way to provide good service
The resort is a bit on the quiet side with mostly German, English and Russian guests. Not many kids but some. Quietness was what we were looking for which was perfect fit
They have kayaks, wind surfers and other outdoor toys plus tennis courts, badminton, darts, pool table, croquet etc.
The villas were clean and nice, slightly dated but the resort is not new. Great view of the ocean from our villa which was in the second row of villas behind the ocean front ones but raised higher than they were to not be obstructed by them
The breakfast that was included was also excellent with good variety. Lunch was good if you stuck to the Thai menu in the main restaurant. We found the seafood BBQ restaurant by the beach very poor in terms of quality (had lobster BLT and chicken satay - lobster BLT was terrible and chicken skewers were small and over cooked). The quality of the restaurant for dinner was, at best, average, especially for the price. We found much better restaurant experiences for the same price, by taxiing to the other high end hotels and experiencing their superior kitchens with a different atmosphere all for the same price - not including the 600 bat in taxi costs
Overall we would recommend this resort to anyone, couples or even families with small children. May be a bit quiet for teens, or anyone looking for lively koh samui.
My only unsolicited advice to the resort, only if they want to compete with the other high end resorts - at least for a segment of their clientele - (Hansar, w retreat, four seasons, banyan etc) would be to update the entrance road and make more wow/impressive and do similar for the lobby/reception areas as it is your first impression and it currently doesn't read as 4 or 5 stars resort - I may be overly critical on this point. The villas could also use some minor updates including the bed mattress which was somewhat harder than normal. And the pool area should really use white towels vs blue (but that is a nit pick). More engaging staff would likely generate more sales of beverages and food by the pool and beach. The staff were almost too much in the background in this area, vs engaged with beach side and pool side clients
Overall, Great experience for us and thank you to all the staff who made our stay wonderful. Would recommend this resort for this price point to anyone looking for a quiet, beach side experience in koh samui
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Napasai By Orient-Express Ko Samui, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Napasai Beach Resort & Villas in Koh Samui, Thailand is a secluded luxury beach resort in Maenam Beach, on the fashionable north coast of Koh Samui. Accommodation comprises a selection of beautiful Koh Samui-style private cottages, some with private pools, and two and three bedroom private pool luxury villas for rental and sale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Napasai by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.