Reserved via AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts program.
Spent 3 nights at this beautiful resort near Mae Nam area of Koh Samuil.
Somewhat remote from the major attractions, but you're on a vacation so you need tranquility. And that's exactly what the resort offers for you. If you know how to drive a bike, just go ahead and rent a bike - hotel staff will be more than happy to arrange it for you and it's dirt cheap!!
Hotel staff is extremely knowledgeable and attentive when it comes to explaining its own facility. As we checked in, we were also greeted by the resort manager, which made it more of a personal experience!
Lovely room with a view overlooking the infinity pool as well as the private beach. One thing I personally didn't like so much was the squeaking noise coming from the wooden floor, however it's the villa cottage so can't help it.
The package included 50 min. free Thai massage. What a relaxing experience. Both my wife and I pretty felt asleep throughout the whole spa course. It was so good, we had to reserve for another longer spa course on the 3rd day of our stay. My wife ended up purchasing some cosmetics used for the body scrubbing course.
Having meals at Napasai is another treat; however, overall it's a bit overpriced. Dinner place was not even half full when we had our last night dinner before coming back home. Thai cuisines were pretty good, but could have been better. If you have the transportation available or okay to hire a taxi, I would recommend to visit the town in Mae Name or the main city area.
Given the hotel surrounded by the nature itself, we have acquainted with many kinds of animal species including a green tree snake that greeted us in the morning, many small/big geckos and a toad at night... On average, only 1~2% of foreign travelers run into a snake in their trip. I guess we got lucky. It was beautiful green tree snake with black markings from the head to the tail. As it disappeared the moment we laid our eyes on the thing, I assume it didn't carry any venom at all. I also remember seeing the head straight, not triangle shaped. Anyway, always watch out for reptiles wherever you go... you may get scared running into one or looking at one, but they're all part of the family!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai Beach Resort & Villas in Koh Samui, Thailand is a secluded luxury beach resort in Maenam Beach, on the fashionable north coast of Koh Samui. Accommodation comprises a selection of beautiful Koh Samui-style private cottages, some with private pools, and two and three bedroom private pool luxury villas for rental and sale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Belmond, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand