“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Code

You added Code to your Saves list
Code
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   55/13 Moo 6 Bang Por Soi 4, Mae Nam, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Splendid hotel with excellent facilities and superb staff. We booked code because we wanted to relax in style and this was exactly what we got. Had everything on its doorstep to ensure you could enjoy the island. The spa can book up quite quickly so worth booking in advance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Stephanie,

It was a pleasure meeting you both. Many thanks for writing a wonderful review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Code so much, and it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the level of service you received while you were with us at the hotel - thank you.

We do everything we can to make sure that our guests have the very best time possible while they're with us on the island, and if there's anything at all we can for you all you need to do is ask.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Georgina Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a fabulous hotel and was just what we wanted to start a very quiet and relaxing holiday. Being 'off the beaten track' was exactly what we wanted to ensure that we could chill out and relax but we did hire a car (not from the hotel) to allow us to tour the island at our leisure. The rooms (suites) are extremely well appointed with a small kitchen area (having a full size fridge was great as we could ensure that we had plenty of cold drinks on hand!) and a sitting area separate from the bed area. We were in an ocean view room and the view was absolutely stunning! The pool area is quite small but never crowded and the pool is fantastic - there is a button on each table to request pool service and we were provided with a lovely fruit smoothie every morning when we were at the pool (this is a nice touch!). We were disappointed that water was not provided free of charge at the pool and spoke to Georgina about this and she sorted the problem for us although she didn't think that this was something that many hotels worldwide provide - in our experience it is something which we have never had to pay for (including the other hotels on samui - rockies and sala). Georgina did say that they were looking into the possibility of having a fridge at the pool side.

The fittings are all good quality but the bed (for me) was too hard. We enjoyed a couple of massages (one was very kindly offered as complimentary) during our stay and thought they were very good. The breakfast offered a good selection of choices however fresh pressed fruit juice would add to the experience. We ate at the restaurant on a few nights during our two week stay and felt that it was not consistently good - our last night meal was by far the best!

Would we return - yes absolutely! This is a very good 4 star hotel but if a few more services/details were provided it would rival some of the 5 star hotels.

Thank you to all the staff who were very welcoming and friendly and thankyou Georgina for ensuring we had a great holiday. Hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room for a fantastic view but be prepared to climb the stairs!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Code. It means a lot to us when guest leave feeling satisfied with their stay. You were with us a week and I know you had a lovely stay. I only wished you had mentioned the bed being too hard for you, we don’t get many guest that find this the case but a % do so we have bought mattress liners that cushion the mattress, my housekeeping team would have had this organized in a matter of minutes. Regarding the water around the pool, we bring daily smoothies and cold towels to the pool and leave 2 complimentary waters in the room. The two hotels you listed don’t offer complimentary water all day long just a couple of times a day. As I mentioned we are in talks to put in place a new system regarding this matter.

I am pleased to read you would return to us in the future.

I hope the rest of your stay in Koh Samui was pleasant.

Thank you for choosing Code.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had always wanted to stay in a hotel with an infinity pool and finally I got to sample one at Code. We arrived for a relaxing week to celebrate my birthday and the taxi pickup from the airport was well worth it (cold towels and water awaited us in the car), the driver friendly and welcoming.

The drive is around 25 mins from the airport depending on the time of day (it can get busy there) but we arrived quickly and Code is tucked away nicely up a hill away from all the hustle and bustle. The checkin staff were lovely and we we were away and up in our room very quickly.

There's only a handful of rooms here and each one has a gorgeous front facing view over the tree tops and over to the ocean. The pool just makes you realise how lucky you are as you paddle up to the edge and can see nothing but a vast expanse of blue sky and sea.

For me the service was spot on, the staff incredibly polite and friendly, all our questions and requests promptly dealt with. On my birthday cake and champagne had been arranged for me, and the cake was absolutely delicious.

We were able to hire a scooter from here (or we could have had bikes or a car) and we took this out for the day - I recommend this as the hotel is tucked away a bit and you don't really want to do the walk down to the front as it could either be dark or a bit of a trek in the heat (plus the neighbouring dogs might nibble you). However the hotel offers a free shuttle service throughout the day.

The room was amazing, like a mini apartment. Lovely big bed, aircon, TV with cable and fridge. The pool delightful with pool towels and bar service. Heaven really.

If you want peace and tranquility and a complete switch off..go to code. Thanks to all the staff for making this special!

Dear Claire and Nicola,

Lovely to hear from you. Many thanks for taking the time to review Code. I am so pleased that your Birthday week was a great one! You certainly packed a lot in, I know your trip to Koh Tao Scuba Diving was lots of fun. As you mentioned Code is ideally placed out of the hustle and bustle but within easy reach of all of the islands best activities and entertainments so that our guests can be sure to get the very most from their tropical island getaway - and wherever you go and whatever you do, you always have one of our gorgeous suites to come back to...!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

With very best wishes,

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here for a week in July. The rooms and facilities are all great - very modern an spacious. Albeit the styling of the hotel tends towards being a bit tacky.. but that is an observation that entirely depends on taste. Hotel location is remote for Samui and you will need to explore by car/moto if you want to get around. The restaurant is not up to par and compared to the pricing (like continental Europe) you´re not getting value. The Code seems to struggle with filling all the rooms and thus we regretted our early booking as pricing dropped about 50% up until our arrival.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for less noise, book late for best price!
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

As far as aesthetics, Code is amazing. It's about as far as you can get from the typical Thai style (which incidentally I also like). It's all about understated modern sleekness. White, natural light and a gorgeous view of Koh Phangan to the north dominate.

The suite was excellent - spacious for a family of three and everything arranged very conveniently, with the bedroom just begging for romance. I was pleased to note that the fridge was well-stocked with items at a very reasonable price... frankly unusual for such a nice hotel.

My only complaints would be that there was no nightlight for our little girl and the shower fixture situation was a bit odd (only overhead, no moveable shower-head or faucet) - but obviously those are minor issues.

The pool at Code is just lovely - especially around sunset. It's black-bottomed so pleasantly warm, and actually has something of a deep end. There's no kiddy pool, but one end is shallow enough that a toddler can stand comfortably.

The biggest complaint I heard from other travelers is that Code isn't on the beach. That said, there are free shuttles every two hours or on demand at a mere 100 baht per trip , and frankly, how much time does one really need to spend at the beach anyway? There are plenty of laid-back bars at Mae Nam that can be gotten to easily and left without regret when you head back to your comfy isolation five minutes up the hill.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Daniel,

Great to hear from you and many thanks for reviewing Code. It was a pleasure to meet your wife and your gorgeous daughter Danielle. Your right in saying that Code certainly isn’t the ‘norm’ for Thailand and that is why I we have won many awards for our architecture and design!
I know that you loved to hang around the pool or wander down to Bangpor Beach where Danielle could run around in the sand; Bangpor is perfect for little kids as the water is very shallow. Your comment about the shower heads, you are correct we only have ‘rain shower’ heads however these can be moved slightly. The nightlight, we have dimmers on all the lights in the room and I believe my staff offered you lamp which could of been placed by Danielle cot. As you say these are minor things but most minor problems can easily be resolved if you speak to any of the Code staff.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope the rest of your stay in Koh Samui was fun.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great hotel (location, view, room, service, stylish guests, - everything great).
The remote location is really no problem because there are several options:
bicycles, bikes, cars for rent, taxi transfers (all pricing is the same as everywhwere else on the island), and a complimentary shuttle to the main road.
The manager Georgina makes the difference, - she handles everything perfectly.
Finally, we like the idea of providing the guests with mobile phones for internal and external calls.
In summary everything was great and we will come again soon.

Dear Iris and Stephan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Code it really is appreciated by us here at Code and for future guest who want a true idea of how the hotel is run. I know that you were here for business and that Code was your haven to come back to relax each day! As you say we are on the North side of the island which is the quieter side, which is why most of our guest book. However if you want to get out and about there are ways to do so!

Looking forward to seeing you both again in October.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is mind-blowing. The hotel has a lot of awards to its credit but what you experience in person is way beyond. This was my first time staying with Code and I would recommend this place to anyone for the rooms, food, service, location and overall experience.

The rooms, which are actually suites, are fantastic. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite with a sunrise view. I entered it and was honestly blown away. The views are fantastic, the rooms are SO beautiful. I loved everything about it. The contemporary and modern feel, the separate lounging area, the TV with the great swivel so you could watch it from anywhere in the room (even from the balcony), the in-suite kitchen, a big fridge and microwave (food options close down early in Samui and these two appliances saved us for our late night cravings!) the amazing balcony area with palm trees literally in your lap. I actually spent a couple of days just enjoying the hotel because it's the most relaxing experience you can get. You can actually lie from your bed and see the glorious views.

The drive up to the hotel itself is super gorgeous. Through winding green roads, it takes you up a hill where the hotel is located. Which is also why it has amazing views of the ocean (My room had a view of Koh Phangan right from the balcony). It's not at the beach but the hotel does complimentary pick/drops for its guests to the beach that's about a couple minutes down the road. There was also a great beach bag in my room (which you can also buy!) with beach towels which was a great surprise.

The pool is also amazing. I spent a whole day just hanging by it. The view is again amazing. They have a push-button service for ordering drinks to the pool. The lounging area is also beautiful, and it feels like you're sitting in the middle of the trees. (You have to see the pictures) The restaurant is also just one step down and had the best Pad Thai and burger. I want the Pad Thai again!

AND the service is so great. All staff members are extremely helpful. From giving island tips, to recommendations, one of the best services I have experienced (and I've stayed with a lot of 5 star hotels). The manager, Georgina is AMAZING. Super helpful, again one of the best hotel managers I have met with. She really makes you feel so welcome.

The hotel is located in a very quiet, secluded area of the island (where the best hotels of Koh Samui are by the way) but since the island is so small, everything is reachable within 10-15 minutes. I rented a car (from the hotel itself, so convenient and great rates) and loved going out for exploring during the day and come back to the quiet hotel for winding down. At night the room has the most cosy, relaxing vibe. I planned a couple of times to take a break at the hotel during the day and step out later at night, and never did, because I was happy inside!

And as a bonus, I want to tell you that the hotel actually had the football worldcup playing in the rooms so my husband loves the place a little bit more than me. He didn't miss a single match in Samui!

Before I forget, the suite has so much cupboard space, your stuff won't be rotting in a suitcase. There were at least 4 large cupboards in the one bedroom suite.

So, I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: If you don't want to take too many steps, ask for a room at a lower level. But honestly, because...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheezeen,

Many thanks for such an in depth review of Code, it will be very helpful to Tripadvidsor users. I am so pleased to read that you and your husband were blown away with all that Code has to offer.
I will pass your compliments onto my chef who will be very happy to hear that you loved the Code burger and Pad Thai. The Code burger is always a crowd pleaser, homemade patties and fresh buns! Yum.

The suites here at Code are very cozy and ideal to relax of an evening if you can’t muster the strength to go out! The balcony with the day beds is the perfect setting for a glass of wine and good book.

Yes the football was a real treat for our guest staying here, many of our guest commented on how shocked they were to see it on their tv menu!
Sheezeen, once again many thanks for your review and we hope to see you both again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#1 of 172 in Bophut
5.0 of 5 stars 537 reviews

Been to Code? Share your experiences!