We booked 3 nights in Code as part of a week spent in Koh Samui for a friends wedding. (The first 4 nights we spent in Bophut)
The decision to stay at Code was made based on the Trip Advisor rating and the beautiful pictures online.
We did want a place that was somewhat removed - with the idea being that after the wedding we could splurge on a few romantic days in a more luxurious hotel. But we did still want to have options and experiences whilst there.
If you have been to Koh Samui and have seen it all before and are keen to 'escape' the busy areas then this could be the place for you. My thinking though is that if one commits to 'escaping' to a resort then all facilities on site should be amazing and give you that sense of "why would I need to go anywhere else?" Code didn't quote do that for us.
If we hadn't hired a scooter for 2 days to get around (300 Baht per day) we would have had to move to a new resort - the Taxi fee to anywhere was not only steep but marked up from standard Taxi fees to give the feeling that Code were profiting off the fact that you are stuck for choices. (Charging 1600 Baht return to Chaweng is an added expense you dont factor in when making a booking)
So if you are trying to really experience Koh Samui and also feel pampered as well I would think staying in BoPhut would still be enough removed from the craziness of Chaweng and yet offers a lot more options for transport, restaurants, bars etc.
I think feedback is only useful if it is accurate and non-emotive so I will give some dot point facts.
- The rooms are visually beautiful as are the views from the balcony - stunning
- The rooms are very clean and well appointed, air con, fresh water daily, big beds (beds are very firm).
- The stairs are extremely steep and there are a lot of them. Between the rooms, pool, restaurant and reception all on different floors, no lifts, and no at pool service
- The Wifi access is excellent and consistent
- The restaurant is small and menu is very limited (no buffet breakfast), given that there are no walking distance options for meals this is a serious flaw
- There is a need for a bar area or lounge for atmosphere and social point for guests
- The day spa is a very nice retreat, and the ladies in there were just lovely, prices Ok for resort pricing
- Most staff were friendly enough but, a little too casual and did not 'go the extra mile' to provide the level of service we have become accustomed to at other resorts.
- The shower gel is toxic to your eyes, like 3 days later still stinging kind of toxic.
- I feel Code could at least try to take the sting out of the 1600 Baht return fee to Chaweng with a simply daily transfer to Chaweng rd each morning
In summary, we were disappointed but this can mainly be attributed to the fact that the distance away from everything is not well compensated for in services or facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi-award winning 'Code' blends cutting edge architectural styling with exceptional levels of comfort, making 'Code' the perfect choice for discerning guests. With all the facilities one would hope to find in such a setting including a state-of-the-art gym, spectacular spa, steam room, tennis court, restaurant and bar, coupled with a magnificent infinity pool complementing an awe-inspiring panoramic ocean view across the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Siam with the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao framed in the distance. The interiors of the 40 suites which comprise Code are composed to provide the very highest level of uber-chic luxury and won 'Best Interior Design' at both the 2012 Asia Pacific Property Awards and the 2012 Thailand Property Awards. This stunning design hotel can be best described as flawless...' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Code reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Code Ko Samui, Thailand