We spent three nights at Infinity Residences. Though the rooms are as beautiful as on the picture and the staff was very friendly, we left fairly disappointed.
Everything seems great when we first arrived. We were very warmly greeted when we reached the resort and were offered two glasses of Champagne - very nice touch. There was an electricity shortage but it did not bother us that much as the staff took good care of us while we were waiting to be able to go to our room. The one-bedroom villa with lap pool was very spacious with gorgeous view of the ocean. We also really appreciated the numerous complimentary soft drinks. However:
1. The resort really really far away bars and restaurants and markets. Transportation is offered at THB1,000 per way - not cheap;
2. Given that, we would have expected a very wide choice of food, but there was none. The food menu fits on two pages only and though it was quite decent, it was definitely sub-standard for a presumably luxury resort. I ordered the cheese and cold cut platter for breakfast and was served four slices of kraft singles, two blocks of blue cheese, a couple of slices of cured ham and salami, along with some olives. No sight of the camembert, cheddar and mortadelle mentioned on the menu. We were charged an extra THB100 for bread that was supposed to come with it. The next morning, the same thing happened again. The Thai breakfast that was supposed to come with fruit juice, tea or coffee was just a bowl of fried rice with fried egg, until we insisted for the drinks to come;
3. We wanted to enjoy dinner in our room, especially since the table was so beautifully set, but were told there is no room service;
4. There was some work done in the room next to ours. Being woken up at 8.30am on a Sunday morning is not our ideal picture of holiday. This was all the more annoying as we were told by the staff that there were only 9 rooms occupied in the resort. In that case, why specifically pick to put us in the room next to the renovation work?!
We understood that the resort is still opening and fairly new. Hopefully those are only teething problems. It has a great potential, but for now, not a place we would return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best luxury resorts on Koh Samui, Infinity Residences and Resort is trendsetting in its style, combining outstanding service culture, unique dining concepts, ultimate spa pampering and breathtaking views of the Gulf of Thailand. Guaranteeing the utmost level of privacy and security, the property is conceived as an enclosed and private domain with permanent surveillance.Our 28 elegant, contemporary suites and penthouses provide stylish and luxurious air-conditioned accommodation, all with spectacular sea views.Our free shuttles whisk you down to Bang Po beach whenever required, a short 3 minute drive. Samui International Airport is just 20 minutes away.Free WI-Fi means you can stay connected when necessary, while our shared and private pools, bar and restaurant mean you can also disconnect whenever you wish.Infinity Residences and Resort - your Luxury Resort Koh Samui ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Infinity Residences & Resort Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Residences & Resort Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand