“stunning experience” 5 of 5 stars

Zurich, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
“stunning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

played the santiburi twice, and runned out of golfballs. however, the playing experience helped me over that. great condition and interesting layout in the samui mountains, fantastic view over the northern part of the island, good caddies. greenfee meets high european level, around 4500 baht incl. caddies and cart. nevertheless, a must!

8 attraction reviews
“The view - wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

OK, this will be a very concise review as we only stopped in for breakfast rather than playing golf. Our friends who live on the Thailand told us the view was fantastic and they were certainly correct. Breakfast was pretty decent, sausages were a bit weird though. Service was pretty standard for Thailand, bit iffy but friendly enough.

Ko Samui, Thailand
15 attraction reviews
“The best view on the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I must admit I am not a golfer and visited this stunning location for other reasons. The club house is perched on the side of a hillside overlooking the greens, vast expanses of palm trees and far in the distance the sea. Absolutely breath-taking and spectacular are adjectives that don't do it justice, you simply have to experience it to believe it. You just won't be able to stop looking at the view and might find it hard to enjoy your food or drinks.
They have a good selection of food, mainly Thai but with some western dishes. Prices are extremely reasonable considering it's a country club which is a pleasant surprise.
Free Wifi and the view makes this an ideal place to spend time whether you choose to work or not.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed the course. Customer service a bit lacking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

In Samui with non playing girlfriend but wanted to experience the PGA course recommended by online reviews. I went to the pro shop to enquire on rates, dress code, conditions, etc but was told, because of the quiet season and the greens were under maintenance, they provide a discounted "Sports Day" which appealed to me as a 22 handicap. No reservation required.
Arrived approx 8am and greeted by General Manager who happened to be in the pro shop. Scottish guy who was very hospitable and friendly. He explained some of the features of the course and advised on possible rental clubs. I took the cheapest Calloway set, as I said, at 22 handicap the best set of clubs will not improve my game so much.
The compulsory caddie was a pleasant lady but lacked the English level needed to discuss shots properly. Even so, when playing alone, it's always nice to have that second set of eyes to follow ball flight and congratulate you on that one-off perfect drive.
The course was excellent I found. Some holes much harder than others with tight fairways, blind doglegs, a couple of very elevated tees and plenty of Palm tree lined holes. Some tees provided stunning scenery both down the fairways and out across the island to the ocean. Weather was hot and humid but there were 3 very well equipped refreshment stations with bar tenders to keep you hydrated.
The only gripe I had was with the customer service. On one of the tees I took a club, previously unused by me on the course, and did a practise swing. At the top of the follow through the club snapped mid shaft and the club head hit me in the side of the face. The caddie saw this and was quite apologetic. I could have screamed the place down but simply iced my face and continued with the game, with a bit of a headache I might add. At the end of the round, the caddie explained the situation to her supervisor. I also advised the receptionist and manager that they should check the condition of their rentals because of what happened to which they simply replied "thank you". At the very least they could have refunded the cost of the club rental I think.
I would have given 5 stars if not for the way my issue was handled but would still recommend the course as a very pleasant 4 hours.

Oslo, Norway
“Best golf experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lovely course. I have played it about 15 times and I never get tired of it. Great food in the restaurant. Nice staff. Great view and difficult course. If you are all over the place when you play golf this is not the course for you.

Visited February 2013