I had been in contact with the W Samui for around a year before the big week finally arrived. I chose to get married at the W Samui after contacting 10 five star properties on the island and the W was the first to reply and instead of just sending a standard "wedding package" actually provided a custom response and answered all my questions individually.
We arrived 5 nights before the wedding before check-in time and were greeted at reception by the GM, events contact and operational manager who showed us around the property and offered us breakfast while we waited for our rooms.
The staff were extremely attentive and always made sure everything was done exactly how we wanted and as planned.
The breakfasts were a slight let down in the variety on offer. Everything on offer was excellent, we just felt that for a 5 star+ property the selection would be better especially the fruits which were basic.
The rooms were absolutely stunning, large and had every amenity you could ever imagine needing.
We got married on the beach at sunset and this was followed by a seated dinner and dancing on the W beach and SIP bar.
All 80+ people commented on the stunning resort grounds, attentive and impeccable service and the amazing food spread.
One area of improvement as well would be the manicure service which was not up to scratch but honestly I forgive them I just re-did my nails myself.
They were also kind in giving my parents and sister late check-out free of charge and again nothing was ever too much trouble for them.
The hotel also put me on to a wonderful lady Khun Chat who owns a production/event company called Bliss Events. She organised all our events we had in addition to the wedding - we have a family dinner and cocktail party the two nights before the wedding. Khun Chat also arranged our make up and hair artists who were excellent and did all the flowers and styling for the event.
My experience with the W will mean I will forever be loyal to a W no matter what city I visit now. Having stayed at 5+ star properties before I can confidently say this resort has it all and more!
I am usually not a huge fan of resorts in slightly remote areas however, because the resort was so fantastic we never wanted to even consider leaving and did once or twice for a meal in nearby Bophut or Chaweng.
We will be back! Special thank you to JJ our events contact at the W who never left our side and made sure everything was 110%.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your W Retreat Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Retreat Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand