“All things considered” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel

You added Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel to your Saves list
Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19/9 Moo 1, Mae Nam | Surat Thani, Mae Nam, Ko Samui 84330, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Mae Nam
Campo Real, Spain
“All things considered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel itself is tucked away a little off the back road, near the W resort. The restaurant area is very accomodating and it seems many travelers spent a lot of time in this area, though we didn't spend much time there.

Our bungalow had A/C and it was very comfortable. It had chairs, a table, a TV, 2 double beds a stocked minibar, a tupperware box of items you might need (a condom, mosquito spray and the like) and a nightstand. The bathroom is located OUTSIDE of the bungalow so you have to do your business and take a shower in the open air, though it is covered and theoretically noone can see in (doubtful anyone would want to). The beds were comforable and all in all it was a comfortable one night stay.

If you get WIFI, be warned that EVERY time you connect to the internet you have to put in the username and password which can get frustrating to do this 20 times over a night and always have to keep your receipt with the information with you if you need it.

We went to the pool area at night and after I got in, I realized the enormous amount of dead bugs that were in the pool. I can only suppose that they turn the filters off at night and for that reason it became a bug cemetary. If not, I would check the pool area and make sure you don't dive into a pool filled with dead bugs.

I have mixed reviews of the staff. Olay was an amazing team member, in fact, he helped us out on a few occasions, from helping us call the ferry service to reserve our pickup time the next morning to answering questions. He was the only one I saw moving around continuously, busting his bum trying to help and accomodate everyone and I think he was an incredible person and staff member.

The next morning when we went to breakfast I can only assume someone went into our bungalow and checked our minibar to know what we consumed the night before. When we checked out the items were already on the bill and that creeped me out and put me off. Instead of asking what you consumed or checking while you are checking out, it meant some staff member must have gone into the bungalow while our belonging were still inside and I didn't appreciate that.

During breakfast it took a long time for other people (a group of American backpacker girls) to talk to the kitchen staff and I'm pretty sure that more than one group staying at the hotel left not being entirely pleased with their stay.

The other thing that put me off was the owner, Claudio's attitude upon checking out. When I thought mistakenly that I had already paid for the airport transfer online his response was "No, you didn't, you have to pay", not showing me the receipt which I had to pull up online on my mobile phone and ONCE AGAIN put in the username and password. He was right in the end, but his response wasn't helpful nor courteous.

Reading his responses on TripAdvisor which only seem to say "Book online, best rates" leads me to believe that he doesn't read or take into consideration the reviews of the hotel. As he's turned the property around, these reviews will continue to help him make his hotel a good one and keep the customers happy and coming back. I hope he begins to write thoughtful responses.

I liked the resort and Olay, but didn't like the pool nor the attitude of the owner. Weighing PROs over CONs, I'm not sure I'll be back again. I'll probably look for another place next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Narooma, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This was the first place I stayed in samui. I was greeted by tiger at the airport for my air conditioned transfer, he was very polite and welcoming. When I arrived at tropical garden lounge, toi, the receptionist greeted me with a cool glass of juice (much needed) and escorted me to my cute little bungalow, the accommodation here is excellent, very clean and tidy, a small fridge included (comes in handy) I highly recommend the cocktails and relaxing by the pool. As I was a solo traveller I would like to extend a big thank you to all of the staff at tropical garden as they made me feel so welcome, especially you olay!!! :) I got the chance to meet the owner, awesome guy and his friend lisa (thanks for your delicious cocktails lisa x) a big thanks to the chef, excellent food. All in all a fantastic stay and highly recommended. So close to fishermans village (Friday night markets) and pier to other islands.
Elaine

• Stayed July 2013
Claudio S, Owner at Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Laney78
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I have forwarded your compliments to my staff, Lisa and Olay which were very happy to hear from you.
Remember that we offer the lowest available rate guarantee among other free services for all bookings on our official webpage tropicalgardenlounge.com.
And if I can be of any help anytime, feel free to email me at info@tropicalgardenlounge.com.

We all hoping to see you again soon on Samui!

Best regards
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Tropical gardens was in my eyes a very special stay, and in the top 3 of my hotel stays.

Was greeted by a very friendly lady who swiftly made us both a freshly squeezed orange juice, and checked us in.

The bungalows are beautifully decorated, with air con, and very clean. Scattered around a plot of land looking up towards the central hills of Samui, it was very peaceful. Location was not to great, but a good 15 minute walk takes you to a lovely beach.

Met the owner who was a really nice guy, and he took us out for a few hours in Chewang with the bar owner, had a fantastic evening.

Beautiful pool as well, colorfully lit at night, with relaxing music playing. One if the most idilic evenings I've had in a hotel pool.

For £22 a night for 2 this was magical. Stay here and you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Ian B
Thank you a lot for your recent stay with us at Tropical Garden Lounge. We enjoyed having you as our guests. We hope we could show you some of our beautiful tropical Island and of our nightlife too!.
We always have many specials available, just check out our official webpage tropicalgardenlounge.com. We guarantee your the best rates on our webpage or if you would like to book by email, no problem, just send me a quick mail to info@tropicalgardenlounge.com. Also if you have some questions, dont hesitate to conatct me!

We wish you a great trip
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

What an amazing place......I have stayed in numerous location in Thailand and around the world, but the atmosphere at this place hits home.....friendly, clean and inviting. Budget location with the luxury of comfort and tranquility....I have been like a boomerang.....always drawn back.
Great location , close enough to Fisherman's Village, Chaweng etc.The Thai style bungalows add to authenticity of the location.....very friendly staff and most accommodating host.
I will be back...for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Claudio S, Owner at Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Eva Jolie
Thank you for staying with us at Tropical Garden Lounge. Its always great to have you back with us!
Just shoot me an email to info@tropicalgardenlounge.com once you are in the region next. We are happy to have you with us again.
By the way did you know that we have recently added your lowest available rate guarantee on our official webpage tropicalgardenlounge.com? Check it out - we guarantee it!

take care and see you soon
Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel & Resort
Winnenden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Everything was great,good price good Location good Boss and for me good because its a quiet Place and not to much loud.its a place for every people i mean young old with children and have a small pool area.you like quiet good clearly and friendly place you go there and its very cheap and i want say now,a good Team good Boss and i miss the TOM KHA GAI!!!!

Room Tip: every rooms friendly and good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Claudio S, Owner at Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Alexander

Thank you for staying with us in January. I see you enjoyed your time at Tropical Garden Lounge and our Staff. Remember that our official site tropicalgardenlounge.com has all important information and our online booking system offers you the best available rates.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again and we have your Tom Ka Gai ready!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good place to stay! Quiet for sleep and still not so far from chaweng or where ever if you need more nightlife! And a pool theres cooler than the ocean, and coktails without cream are good to! If i go back to koh samui... I would stay there again so far!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Roger

Thank you for staying with Tropical Garden Lounge and I see you have enjoyed your stay with us. I see you have reserved on our offical site tropicalgardenlounge.com and benefit from the free WIFI and free Brekfast included in our Winter Special Package.
I hope that you will come back to stay with us in soon and if there is anything i can help and assist you with for your next stay, just reach me at info@tropicalgardenlounge.com.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed in Christmas and that's why the prices raised so much i suppose. The bungalows are reeeally nice, the location is...ok. But better hire some scooters to move. There is not much activity around in the night, so better move further to find restaurants etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Violeta Y

Thank you for staying with Tropical Garden Lounge and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with with us. Yes Christmas time is always a bit more expensive but we suggest for your next stay you check our official site tropicalgardenlounge.com for best prices available. For the nightlfe we provide a shuttle bus daily (except sunday) to Chaweng.
I hope that you can visit us again in the near future and if there is anything i can assist you with, please feel free to reach me at info@tropicalgardenlounge.com.

Tropical Garden Lounge

Been to Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel? Share your experiences!