The hotel itself is tucked away a little off the back road, near the W resort. The restaurant area is very accomodating and it seems many travelers spent a lot of time in this area, though we didn't spend much time there.
Our bungalow had A/C and it was very comfortable. It had chairs, a table, a TV, 2 double beds a stocked minibar, a tupperware box of items you might need (a condom, mosquito spray and the like) and a nightstand. The bathroom is located OUTSIDE of the bungalow so you have to do your business and take a shower in the open air, though it is covered and theoretically noone can see in (doubtful anyone would want to). The beds were comforable and all in all it was a comfortable one night stay.
If you get WIFI, be warned that EVERY time you connect to the internet you have to put in the username and password which can get frustrating to do this 20 times over a night and always have to keep your receipt with the information with you if you need it.
We went to the pool area at night and after I got in, I realized the enormous amount of dead bugs that were in the pool. I can only suppose that they turn the filters off at night and for that reason it became a bug cemetary. If not, I would check the pool area and make sure you don't dive into a pool filled with dead bugs.
I have mixed reviews of the staff. Olay was an amazing team member, in fact, he helped us out on a few occasions, from helping us call the ferry service to reserve our pickup time the next morning to answering questions. He was the only one I saw moving around continuously, busting his bum trying to help and accomodate everyone and I think he was an incredible person and staff member.
The next morning when we went to breakfast I can only assume someone went into our bungalow and checked our minibar to know what we consumed the night before. When we checked out the items were already on the bill and that creeped me out and put me off. Instead of asking what you consumed or checking while you are checking out, it meant some staff member must have gone into the bungalow while our belonging were still inside and I didn't appreciate that.
During breakfast it took a long time for other people (a group of American backpacker girls) to talk to the kitchen staff and I'm pretty sure that more than one group staying at the hotel left not being entirely pleased with their stay.
The other thing that put me off was the owner, Claudio's attitude upon checking out. When I thought mistakenly that I had already paid for the airport transfer online his response was "No, you didn't, you have to pay", not showing me the receipt which I had to pull up online on my mobile phone and ONCE AGAIN put in the username and password. He was right in the end, but his response wasn't helpful nor courteous.
Reading his responses on TripAdvisor which only seem to say "Book online, best rates" leads me to believe that he doesn't read or take into consideration the reviews of the hotel. As he's turned the property around, these reviews will continue to help him make his hotel a good one and keep the customers happy and coming back. I hope he begins to write thoughtful responses.
I liked the resort and Olay, but didn't like the pool nor the attitude of the owner. Weighing PROs over CONs, I'm not sure I'll be back again. I'll probably look for another place next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel and Resorts welcomes you to Samui Island, the splendid tropical islet treasure found in Southern Thailand. We offer world class indigenous Thai-style bungalow accommodation as you explore the magic that the pristine white sandy beaches, overhanging coconut trees and the clear blue waters of the sea, best suited for diving and snorkeling has to offer. The Coconut Island, with its abundance of flourishing corals is a paradise best fit for snorkeling, swimming, and diving exploits. Shopping Spree and Vibrant NightlifeFor your supplies and shopping on your and stay at our cheap bungalows in Koh Samui, there is a wide range of shops, stalls and markets in almost every beach that makes shopping easy, fun and affordable. As the sun sets, casting its rays sharply on the waters of the sea, a relaxing and fun-filled nightlife takes over as bars and discos play their favorite collections of modern musical beats to the exhilaration of the patrons dining and wining. Relaxing lounges open their doors to guests whose main focus for the night is to relax and have a good time, all night long! Affordable Accommodation in Koh SamuiThe Garden Lounge Bungalows are built in classy but characteristic Southern Thai style architectural designs and surrounded by thriving tropical gardens. The environment offers utmost comfort and modern facilities for a comforting and memorable holiday in Samui Island. With professional, competent and hospitable management and staff, your comfort and satisfaction during your stay with us is guaranteed. Our services are customized for each guest and their happiness is our pride and success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tropical Garden Lounge
- Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel Ko Samui, Thailand