We have just returned from a 7 night half-board stay at this hotel. It really is as good as most of the recent past reviews have indicated. We could not fault it in any way and would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a relaxed stay in a beautiful building with very professional staff throughout.
The dining at breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant was a real experience. The room is the main hall to the original villa with smaller rooms coming off it on both sides. It manages to retain a real intimate feel, but is actually a large room with a very high ceiling and a false balcony on 3 sides. It is very tastefully decorated to fully retain the character of the old building. The food is outstanding in every way and is based on Mediterranean cuisine. Expertly prepared and silver served by very attentive staff.
The bedrooms are large and very comfortable with good facilities and very good beds allowing a fine nights rest. Ours was also very quiet.
The hotel facilities include a fine indoor pool with associated steam room, Jacuzzi and sauna, and a large outdoor pool, although the water is getting a bit cooler now as we approach the end of October.
The staff throughout are all really nice and cannot do enough for you, they go out of their way to help with any queries or issues you may have. The general manager is always around keeping his staff on their toes and is very friendly, even helping out in the dining hall when needed.
We thought the hotel was very well placed in a relatively quiet part of the island and on a very good bus route to all parts of the island. Compared with the tourist parts we visited or passed through it could not be more different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton