“Superb hotel in a super location away from the hustle.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa

You added Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Paule Avenue, San Anton, Island of Malta BZN 9023, Malta   |
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
Deeside, Flintshire, UK
“Superb hotel in a super location away from the hustle.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel was built in the 1950's, just pre chrome, glass and plastic fitments. The location is superb with the president's palace as a neighbour. The hotel plan is very good, with large bedrooms housing super king sized beds and everything that one needs. The décor is relaxing with lush carpeting. Food, as everywhere in Malta, is not inexpensive but at the hotel the standard is excellent. Cleanliness is top rate throughout. At the spa, my massage was worth every cent. Maybe unusual for Europe but this hotel's staff are it's crowning glory. Very friendly, knowledgeable about their island and all that it offers and, constantly helpful. The only exception to this is the general manager (sad to report, he's a Brit) who swans about with his tick list and never acknowledges the existence of guests - this would never happen is a similar Asian hotel!
The hotel runs a shuttle bus service which is very useful and the island bus service is very good and cheap which, of course, the makes well used and crowded.

Room Tip: 219 is near to the passing road which gives a little but not undue noise. It is a good balcony for o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ciego de Avila, Cuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Also, not my first 5 star stay, and I can attest to the great service at the corinthia palace. It is a beautiful and charming serene place. If you are looking to be in the heart of the city, this is not your place.
That being said, we were very pleased with the public bus service (excellent) and the free shuttles offered by the hotel, it was a welcome change to come back to our quiet haven at the end of each fun filled day.
The staff is very accommodating, the breakfast fantastic. We had an executive room, the bed was very comfortable and quiet. If you are into diving, use the diving centre at the sister hotel, the corinthia marina in st. Julians. They were excellent!
Our concierge gave us good tips on restaurants and was very helpful in general.
Enjoyed the spa and indoor pool also, it was january so didnt get to be outside by the other pool, but it looked fantastic also.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on david.woodward@corinthia.com should you require any assistance.

David Woodward
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I absolutely *adored* this hotel- the staff were always cheerful and polite, especially in the 'Rickshaw' restaurant (accessible from the lobby), and at 'Pizza, Pasta & Co.' (by the pool). The food in both restaurants is fantastic, though our personal favourite was Rickshaw- who knew such delicious Oriental cuisine could be found on the island? We also loved the indoor pool- it was open till late, and often we had it all to ourselves! It's beautiful in the spa! The location is also great, as you needn't bother with a taxi- there's a bus stop less than five minutes walk from the hotel, and the service is regular and always reliable. The room was always clean, and we always got a good night's sleep! Admittedly, the hotel is fairly far from any kind of beach- but that didn't bother us. A beautiful hotel, and a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking your time to share your kind views about our Hotel and Restaurants on TripAdvisor. We are sincerely glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to visit Malta again so that I can make the necessary arrangements for your next stay. My email is david.woodward@corinthia.com.

David Woodward
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

In response to the previous reviewer,i like numerous on here, HAVE clearly experienced 5 star hotel stays in numerous places.Do you think so highly of yourself that no one else has?.Some people clearly look for faults as many people know,and to complain about the cars brake pad warning light on is as petty as I have ever heard,maybe it had just come on and they did not want to be late for you?I agree in Malta the star system does not always reflect the hotel,and yes some hotels I have been in are better in some respects,but by god I have paid for this, and to me I have not always had value for money,that CANNOT be said of this hotel.I and other family members have regulary sought out a good deal,and believe me I know what a good deal is.Never before, and since we started coming here have I met a better quality of staff,from all professions,very caring and genuine in all matters,if ever we have had an issue,and I can only think of a couple in nearly 14 years of visiting,it was attended to and sorted immediately Yes some of the facilities need a little work but why would that put you off?what hotel doesn't?The place has a touch of old charm the opposite of a lot of other hotels in Malta,The rooms are big and more than comfortable beds compliment this,even the corridors are spacious with hardly any noise at night.I won't go on and on but suffice to say I have only touched on some of the good points,it has too many to state,but overall in my opinion there is NO better place in Malta for value for money and a feeling of warmth when you enter,looking forward once again to going back in April...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were greeted by name by the Receptionist (obviously the last people to check in that day - but still a nice touch. The staff could not have been any friendlier. They were also efficient and the standards were high throughout.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Ms Connie C

Thank you for taking your time to share your views about our hotel on Trip Advisor and for your complimentary comments. We are sincerely glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

xch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I somehow do not wish to put this hotel down, but have to question some of the good reviews that some people have made who seem to go there every year, they have clearly not experienced real 5 star, such as the Datai in Langkawi.

We stayed last September and events although not totally down to the hotel left my wife wanting to leave or not spend the rest of our holiday at the hotel.

The first warning sign was that the hotel car had warning lights saying its brakes needed changing when we got picked up at the airport.

We had
• drinks orders at the pool not turning up,
• reservations for dinner not recorded,
• main courses in the pizza restaurant, turning up before the starters.
• The Villa restaurant served up what was a dry meal.

All this in the first 3 day of our holiday.

We did one trip to pizza restaurant as non-hotel guests and got better service sitting with the locals, even spotted other guest questioning slow service while sitting alongside the pool.

We tried all the facilities except for spa treatments. The steam rooms etc are in serious need of repair, including the indoor pool.

We could not fault the staff in the Caprice lounge, very attentive. Breakfast was similar, but the service in restaurant is not 5 star and the food is not that special either, although the sword fish spaghetti was great, but looks like it’s not on the menu anymore .

We paid for a room up lift with free mini bar, not really worth the extra money. (£1050, for 7 night, at 50% discount, would have cried if paid full price)

Give the hotel its due it reimburse us food and drink due to the issue (not all listed above) … but the room upgrade easily covered this.

Think I’ve said enough … 5 star just means has facilities…. the standard is not part of the star system.. if it was this hotel would not be 5 star.

The sister hotel is also in a rougher part of the island near to the gentlemens clubs … so be careful when taking the hotel transfer to find a nice restaurant.

Not sure Malta is the place to go for a romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to free mini bar not worth it. We had room away from lifts, top floor away from e...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay last September.

I can only respond by saying that we have taken your specific improvement-needed comments to heart and we will continue to act providing a higher price value 5 star service as we approach and plan for the upcoming summer season.

We look forward to welcoming you back therefore this summer.
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

As a regular visitor to Malta since 1987 and regular guest at the Corinthia Palace, I again returned for a wonderful 2 week break over Christmas and New Year 2013/14. As usual, everything and everyone not only met, but exceeded my expectations. The staff are caring and provide an efficient, but friendly, professional service - I am always addressed by name by all members of staff, which is unique in this day and age. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There is a wide choice for breakfast which really sets you up for the day ahead. The location of the hotel is ideal - it is a quiet, peaceful residential area and the San Anton Gardens provide a peaceful sanctuary and are just across the road from the hotel. As soon as you arrive in the Hotel Reception, you are given a warm, friendly welcome by one of the concierges - Martin, Emanuel, Anthony or Matthew and made to feel "special". The Corinthia Palace Hotel offers a service which other hotels can only aspire to. Friends who I have recommended stay at the Corinthia Palace have all enjoyed their stays and have all made return visits. I look forward to my next visit - and returning "home".

Room Tip: Single rooms are the same as double or twin rooms, so as a single traveller you don't feel you a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear 854Margaret
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor following another 2 weeks' stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and, most especially, for your continued loyalty.
We are pleased to note that you were satisfied with our customer service, facilities as well as the quality of food. It is a particularly warming experience to receive such positive feedback and your kind comments about our Team Members have been personally passed on.
Meantime, we do look forward to welcoming you back soon and please email me once you have decided on dates.
Thank you once again.

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!