How refreshing it is to find a hotel where the star rating is accurate!
It is an older type of hotel, and all the better for it. The rooms are (apart from the suites) all the same size and inter-room noise is non-existent, probably helped by the fitted carpets. The bedroom and bathroom are smaller than we have been used to in more modern hotels - but everything is there that needs to be there, including tea and coffee making facilities.
The staff are superb - and everyone (with one exception) seem genuinely to enjoy their jobs, and this is reflected in their attitude towards the guests.
And how wonderful it is to be able to relax in the by a lovely pool, on comfortable loungers, without unwanted music for 6 hours a day, as seems to be normal for most hotel pools nowadays.
Dining is a pleasure be it breakfast, snacks or dinner - and the dining areas are magnificent. It has been very many years since the main course at dinner was presented by the removal of a bell cloche! I have been disappointed that other 5 star dining rooms in other hotels have allowed a slack dress code to creep in - even to the extent of having guests turn up for dinner in little more than swimming shorts - this DOES NOT happen here.
It it not, perhaps, the best hotel for children but it is, in my opinion, very well suited for a genteel type of client who seeks a calm, quiet atmosphere with a little bit of luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton