“Surprising....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hotel New York

You added Disney's Hotel New York to your Saves list
Disney's Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Rene Goscinny, 77777 Chessy, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chessy
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Surprising....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Recently returned from The New York at Disney and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. I've stayed at various 4 star hotels around the World and have to say the standard of the Hotel surprised me for a Disney property. My wife stayed at the Hotel 14 years ago and nothing had changed from then and is in need of updating. Our first poor experience was at check - in, when a simple request to have two beds in the room was met with a rude outburst from the receptionist. Secondly, the TV station options are very poor indeed. When our two year old fell asleep mid evening, it left us with either BBC World service or Disney UK channel, all this on a TV from the early 90's! Could they not put some other English speaking channels on. Next, the safe - It was the size of a passport, you couldn't fit anything bigger in their. In the bathroom, there was no toilet brush and a very basic tired bathroom set up. Like I said, you shouldn't expect that from a 4 star. The hotel overall was very good as was breakfast and the parks were amazing, it's just a shame the room wasn't up to scratch.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for lake view if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NOTTINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

A great base for Disneyland. A quick 3 min walk out the back of the hotel ( past the roller rink ) and your in the the thick of it for food , shopping , cinema then the main entrance Is there. Food & drink are ridiculously pricey but I found the disney shops about the same price as at home. I read there are water fountains all around the park, we was in a party of 8 and we found 3 !! The hotel it self is a great base. The food is ok, not amazing but quite adequate . The rooms was nice but the cleaners only did a quick clean daily.
All in all I'd stay there again.

Durham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Just home from a 4 night stay in the Disney New York hotel, after previously staying in the Newport bay I thought this would have been a step up. It was ok but I feel that parts need to be freshened up. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom ok, however the shower was rubbish. Breakfast was ok, buffet style with plenty of choice, just very busy. Ate one night in the buffet restaurant and it was terrible, poor selection and not good quality considering how much they charge. My daughter accidentally knocked her drink over and the glass shattered on the table, no one came over and offered to help or to replace the drink, they just kept wandering past. I don't know if it would stay again, they are busy refurbishing the Newport bay and would probably go back there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our first visit to Disneyland and we could not fault the service we had at the hotel. They were extremely helpful - especially as we forgot to check in at the station and leave our cases there, as well as not realising that restaurant reservations during May half-term are like gold dust if you want to eat around 7 or 7.30 pm. There were 3 adults and 2 children in our party and we had 2 adjoining rooms with a connecting door between them so it worked out really well. We asked for an extra single bed and this arrived extremely promptly. We ate at the hotel on 2 occasions and the food and service was first class. Meeting the Disney characters in the hotel was a brilliant plus point and far more relaxed that the queues at the park. The only thing I can find fault with is that the indoor swimming pool was rather cold !!! Would definitely stay at this hotel again - so convenient for the park and our rooms were definitely not 'tired' as some of the reviewers have complained about. All in all a brilliant place to stay and to enjoy Disneyland.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms with inter-connecting door we stayed in 3105 and 3107 on the third floor...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for half term this May and was pleased with the size and grandeur of this stunning hotel, with just a walk away from the disney village this was ideal for my family.
However it is slightly out-dated in places and the restaurants are definately not 4 star as advertised. I would advise eating in the village if you can afford to as the food quality is not that good from this hotel, I definately wouldn't recommend using your food vouchers here, I payed Lot of money for half board plus vouchers yet got a very second class service with a second class menu, the waiter service is also shabby in the manhatten restaurant and the buffet food in the park side restaurant is absolutely foul. So I advise saving your money for restaurant in the disney village (but make sure you book in advance)
For a 4 star hotel it also suprised me that no free hot drinks were available in the hotel rooms and the tv's are about as old as my great grandads with a choice of bbc world news or a cartoon channel. The rest are french.
You may also find that the air con doesnt work too so prepare for very hot nights.
Perfect location with stunning views but thats about it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I can't speak for any of the other reviews about this hotel, all I can tell you we loved it. We stayed here during May half term week stayed 4 nights Monday to Thursday and had an amazing time. The room admittedly was a little tired but was clean and comfortable. We had a Plaza room overlooking the Ice rink and Lake it was very pleasant. On arrival we found as we did all week the staff very helpful and friendly. We had the half board option and ate at the hotel most nights as we enjoyed it there but there are lots of options if you want variation. Tip though we wasn't aware you need to book them. If you want to eat at the Cafe Mickey you also need to book this and I would advise you do this before arrival as like us you will find it fully booked for your stay as this is the best place to meet the characters while eating. We also had a character every day in the hotel during breakfast time. The parks were great and only a short walk from our hotel, I have to say I'm not sure I would have fancied the longer walk back to some of the hotels after a long day on my feet. There was a parade every day at around half five and the Disney dreams show at 11pm every night at the castle was something special. My five year old son told me they were totally cool and awesome and these were his favourite bits. The rides were good a lot of variation for people who like fast rides to those who don't and the little ones for younger children. One or two were closed and a few broke down at times but they usually had them fixed fairly quick. I can only think the negative reviews are people comparing it USA or other 4 star hotels. I will admit I have stayed in Better 4 star hotels but there is nothing wrong with this one. We would definitely go back to this hotel and resort again, in fact we are probably going to go the same time next year and if we save the pennies we may book the Disney hotel just to try it, but if not we will just book this one again. One more thing the if you are using the a Disney airport shuttle be aware you will be the last drop. The transfer was half an hour but then it was another 25 mins dropping everyone else of first. I asked at reception and was told it was around 80 Euros for a taxi if anyone is interested.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Love this Hotel and it will definitely remain my first choice!!

Really lovely staff, very clean, excellent food. This is my 4th stay here over the years and in my opinion is the best of the on site Disney Hotels

I visited with my mum, my 90 year old grandmother and my 10 year old son. All of us received exceptional service and were more than pleased.

I wish they would sell the apple cinnamon air freshner they pump into the hotel lobby, it's beautiful :) can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the lake have such beautiful views at night
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!