“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disneyland Hotel

You added Disneyland Hotel to your Saves list
Disneyland Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de la Marniere | Disneyland Resort Paris, 77777 Chessy, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chessy
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Arrived by car late in the evening and the valet took the luggage and parked the car very quickly. Check in was fast but slightly overwhelming with all of the meal / fast pass/ Park vouchers that were given to us. Room was spacious with two double beds and a nice bathroom. It was also very quiet. The hotel is large and spacious and very clean. Staff are OK but could smile a bit more! We had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel and it was buffet style with plenty of choices. It does get very busy so it makes sense to reserve for dinner otherwise you may find your self eating at 9.30pm! Both breakfast and dinner had Disney characters visiting us which the kids loved. Also there were photos with the characters every morning. What we really liked is the fact that the hotel is right by the main entrance so its easy to go in and out of the parks and back to the hotel and you never leave the Disney magic. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

See letter of complaint: -

It is with regret that I am writing with complaint regarding a recent stay at your resort in Paris. Upon arrival we were shown to our room (Room 1108) at the Disneyland hotel.....I was disappointed to say the least as it wasn't 5* standard....the wall paper in places was tatty an coming away from the walls especially in the bathroom, the beds were only double in size and the mattress was as hard as rock, Ive had a comfier sleep in a premier inn in the UK. My daughter went to turn on the TV whilst we got unpacked etc....and were shocked to see only 1 Disney channel available for children in English, we have more of a selection in the UK through Sky!!!!!!

Our first meal was at Auberge de Cendrillon, so we made our way down there but were disappointed at the lack of selection on the menu, it was very restrictive and my husband's starter that he wanted was meant to have come with an egg, but we were advised that they had ran out of eggs and needed to make another selection....disgraceful that a restaurant should run out of such a basic ingredient!!

After an appalling sleep on the dreadful mattress, we made our way down to breakfast and it was chaos, we waited in the que to be shown to our table and the lady barked "easy pass" at me...I was confused to what she was referring to and her english wasn't clear so it was clear that she got frustrated with me and started to let the people queuing behind me through until I had figured out what she meant....I eventually did so was shown to our table. The sat us right in the busiest area with a double buggy containing my 4 month old son who was asleep, I could tell that they didn't appreciate the double buggy coming in to breakfast but he is too small to sit in a high char yet and was asleep, and to be honest I wasn't about to sit through breakfast with a baby on my lap, not comfortable for either of us!

After breakfast we made our way through the park gates and my 3 year old daughter was excited about showing off some of the french that she has learnt, she said to the girl at the entry point "hello" and asked her how she was all in french, and the girl just ignored her and ushered us through, I could tell on her little face how disappointed she was at not getting any feedback it was at the very least rude but a 3 year old child attempting to speak another language should be encouraged and praised in itself so I was absolutely disgusted at her treatment! After going through the gates we wanted to find the Peter Pan ride only to see that it was shut, the sign said "shut for your your enjoyment".....really????? at this point Imogen, my little girl was in tears as she loved Peter Pan and she had build herself up to the excitement of going on this ride, we could have at least been notified before arrival what rides would be out of action so the disappointment would not have been so immense!!!

The next day we made our way to the chaos that was breakfast time and was sat at another table, better this time. Imogen fancies some watermelon so I went to get her some and waited 10 minutes as I was told they were bringing some out....then to be told they had run out, again not what I would have expected from a 5* hotel and it wasn't even the end of breakfast time, this was just before 9am, appalling!!!

To conclude this was not "a magical experience", and for what we paid for the whole package we were very disappointed, it was far from 5*.

Lutry, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This has been our 14th trip to Disneyland Paris. Our kids are now grown-up, but we still love it like the first time. It certainly is not one of the cheapest family vacations, especially not when staying in the Castle Club area of the Disneyland Hotel – but it is worth every penny.
We had a wonderful view over the park as our room showed straight onto it and we could see the Central Train Station in front and in the back the Cinderella Castle. From the first minute the service we received was impeccable. Not that the other times we stayed had not been, but here you had this little extra of trying to be helpful. We went there for the birthday of my wife and I had arranged for restaurants and everything, but in the morning of her day, at breakfast, we decided to change restaurants to have the dinner at the California Grill which at its usual place was undergoing renovations. So it had been placed where usually the breakfast got served in the Castle Club. I asked the Concierge Desk of the Castle Club to rearrange our evening set to dine in the California Grill, but only if he could guarantee a window place as I wanted that my wife could watch the fireworks that went on at the Dreamworld Show (you can watch it on youtube, but it is much nicer in reality) that evening whilst dining. Everything had been taken care of – it was excellent, from the beginning to the end.
We will repeat this, for sure.

Room Tip: try to get a room with view on the park - ti is so much nicer to wake up in the morning and see the...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is what you expect to be honest with you. You walk in and its like a massive Disney Castle inside with the grand staircase! Our room was on the second floor and we were just along from the Disney Shop inside the Hotel. the room was very spacious and was spotless. Its is very convenient for entering the parks having stayed in the other Disney Hotels and walking around the lake through the Village to get into the parks. We loved being in the heart of everything.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Havant, Nr Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel was so more special than we hoped for. Watching other people's home videos of the hotel did not do it justice. Rooms were spotless and spacious. I shared a room with my 9 year old daughter and we had 2 double beds. However don't touch the mini bar unless you have a bottomless purse. No kettle in the room but did notice someone else had left one outside their room for room service to collect so they must be available on request. Full size ironing board and iron in room though which is so handy. Maid service comes in twice a day to firstly make the beds and empty the bins, top up the complementary bathroom supplies, change towels etc and then again to turn down the beds. I found all staff very very helpful and polite and they made the stay all the better. Hotel entrance is literally a skip and a jump from the entrance gates to the park and after a long day in the park was worth the extra money itself especially watching other families with tired children at the end of the day having to walk back to hotels and shuttles.
Buffet breakfast was a variety of hot and cold to suit everyone and never queued more than 5 minutes for a a table no matter what time we went.
Early passes to the park were brilliant and we were able to wander around without any problem and hardly saw anyone for the first hour. The fast track passes also allowed us to go straight on the rides without having to book a time slot just because they were disneyland hotel fast track passes. They only allow one fast track ride per day and in the disney park they did retain them but in the studio's we used them a few times before anyone kept holding of them.
Disney charters were all over the hotel and a selection of charters rotated every morning outside the restaurant. I paid €69 for me and €30 for my daughter to have an evening meal in the restaurant with the characters and she wasnt disappointed they were in and out all night happy to signl autographs and have pictures taken. Food in the park was very expensive hard to buy aan snack and a drink for one personen for under €10 but rook something bits from the breakfast buffet and also a news agents in the train terminal which was a couple of minutes walk from the hotel which was far more reasonable for sandwiches and drinks. I allowed €100 a day and it was more than enough and allowed for extra's like the meal with characters and a €70 Princess dressi my daughter simply had to have.
Cant fault staff at the hotel or parks they were brilliant but be prepared for the rudness of the other holiday makers especially the french Who will push in to any queue. The staff however have their number and dont hesitate to make them go to the back of the queue or kick them of the rides altogether. Staff commented on the patience of the british in general. Avoid weekends for big plans wel didnt queue for anything until then weedays were busy but not too much

Room Tip: My fellow travelers asked for a room with a good vew at check in and they switched his room.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Family (2 adults, 3 year old and 8month year old) stayed here in a standard room at end of March. We really enjoyed the hotel.

Check in (after a short wait) was friendly and efficient. Due to the age of our youngest I had requested ground floor (easier for the pram). We had a room in the West Wing about 5 doors down from the park entrance....this is really what you are paying for. It feels great to be so close to the Park after a long day of walking! For room choices, both 'wings' have an exit to the park the West Wing has the lobby whilst the East Wing has the swimming pool.

Rooms are a little bigger than Newport Bay but not massive. No issues for us as I thought it was nice and comfortable.

Breakfast served from 7.30am, no allocated times, just turn up. We got window seats 2 days of our trip. Breakfast was a little bit chaotic, but no where near as busy / mental as Newport Bay. Food seemed 'better' but it's pretty much the standard buffet. We would also make up snacks for lunch (recommended as Park food isn't great and usually has a long queue).

Characters are in the area outside the restaurant from 8.30am, with a different one every 30mins for a few hours. I believe there are also characters at 4pm from Thursday to Sunday.

We usually sat in that area each evening with a drink and saw more characters going/leaving the restaurant. The hotel is very pricey for dinner / lunch, but to be expected as they all involve characters.

Free WiFi throughout the hotel (just need to log in each day) was good.

Overall, you are paying for the location and we really enjoyed our stay here. The lobby is impressive and staff generally friendly. Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Both 'wings' have exits to the Park. East Wing also has swimming pool, West Wing has lobby...
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel could not be any better! The rooms are lovely the beds are nice and comfortable. There is something for everyone at breakfast. Seeing the characters is good for the kids they love the shop. (And I love the bar ) the hotels big we spent two hours just looking around the hotel

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!