“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Relais Spa Val d'Europe

You added Relais Spa Val d'Europe to your Saves list
Relais Spa Val d'Europe
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   1, rue des Grands Pres, 77700 Chessy, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After reading some of the reviews here, I almost cancelled staying here but glad I didn't, we found the reception staff both pleasant and helpful, allowed us to check in several hours early without question. Rooms were comfortable and bathrooms spacious and clean. I do have to agree with comments re wifi, did not work at all in one room and intermittently in the other. We were there to go to Eurodisney so wifi wasn't a big issue, great location for us though train cost more than we expected, 3.4 euro return per adult each day. Lots of restaurants around and an enormous well priced supermarket! Pool and gym looked great though we didn't have time to go! Rooms were a bit hot for us and it was noisy with window opened due to traffic. Some items did appear to be missing from the kitchens in rooms but we had enough. All in all a pleasant stay though I agree having to dump your own rubbish on last day of stay was a bit odd!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to stay in the outskirts of Paris not knowing how the transportation would work getting to and from this place. It turned out to be great! It is conveniently located about a block from the RER and two blocks from a shopping mall where I could find anything from groceries to food and Starbucks! There was also an outlet mall with a 15 to 20 minute walk and Disneyland was a train station away. The reception staff was somewhat friendly depending he time of day. The room, however, was not cleaned at all the whole time we were there. Housekeeping just made the beds and brought fresh towels in. Since we were going all day, we were willing to let this go.
We did have a lot of issues with the wifi. We could only connect one device at a time. It took forever to get connected and it was very slow. We did not use any of the amenities on this trip.
We used some mileage to pay for the one-week stay. We were satisfied with the hotel overall, but unless we get a really good deal next time, we may look at other options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we arrived, we met the terrible reception first. My booking was prepaid and it showed unpaid in their computer. My friend found the documents and showed them to her. The lady suddenly asked my friend to leave the reception just because their role was only one person can sit in front of the reception.

Then I was asked to pay the city tax. I gave the lady 10 euros but they said they were out of coins and had to gave the changes tomorrow morning. I asked if i could pay the tax tomorrow when I checked out. The manager refused that with a "NO". No "sorry" and no explanation. I really didn't care those coins but they were really rude and unfriendly.

The network was extremely slow in my room so I called the reception. They said it was signal problems and told me it would be much better if I use the network in the hall. I went there and it was the same. I couldn't open any web pages in the whole hotel.

Room was clean but nothing in mini bar. Though the room was not old, it always had a bad smell from sewer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kapfenberg, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm really used to travel a lot, even in very poor parts of this beautyful world - but I never experienced such a unpoliteness like here. The staff doesn't care about the guest and even the breakfast is terrible. They kicked me out the spa while I was in the pool, just because they made a mistake. then the room cards always lose their programing and you really have to go down very often to re-program them. The elevators are slow as snails and there are hundrets japanese people in groups at the buffet who behave like pyranhas. High speed internet??? Ha Ha Ha - what a joke! You wait 10 Minutes for sending a 1MB email - if you're lucky!!! I hate it when somebody promises 4 star luxury and you get [--]! Don't go there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

It's lucky that my husband is handy as we needed his skills in our Junior Suite at this hotel. Although we told the management that the plug release in the basin didn't work, it didn't get fixed, then we discovered the same problem with the bath plug. Also, the sliding door between the bedroom and lounge areas wouldn't close as it had come off it's tracks. All these things were easily fixed by my husband but it shouldn't have been necessary. Then we found that there were incomplete sets of cutlery and crockery, and that the suite was only cleaned if you stayed 6 nights or longer!! Since upkeep is given a low priority here, this hotel is now not up to its 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Don't take a room above the entrance door as tourist buses/coaches park here day and night and i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 3 days. The hotel is in a brilliant location - right next to the train station and shopping centre. Disney land was only a minutes train ride on the train and central paris only 40 mins. Lovely modern hotel room - had a kitchen, lounge area and two bathrooms ( more than enough for the two of us). Hotel staff were pleasent. We were asked to pay 7 euros when we checked in for taxes which were weren't aware we would have to do so before hand. There is free wifi however it is extremely slow and not worth using. Would definatly recommend this hotel if going to disney as it is so close and a lot cheaper than other hotels around.

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite as these are the nicest
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had problems with the heating not functioning in my suite as well as the Wi-Fi not working properly. I was offered a standard room as a solution but the heating wasn't working either. Asked for a compensation and was told the manager, never on site, would consider and get back to me. The following day I was offered to change room but again was offered not the same level room and only had single beds when I specifically booked a king size bed. The wi if doesn't work in the corner rooms and, although they are aware of this issue nothing has been ever done to fix it. Shame as it is a nice hotel in a great location if you are visiting Disney.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Relais Spa Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!