“A great holiday with a great team !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Wings Beach Resort

You added Palm Wings Beach Resort to your Saves list
Palm Wings Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Altinkum Mah. Mehtap Cad. 94. Sok. No:21, Didim, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Didim
“A great holiday with a great team !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We have recently returned from a weeks stay at palm wings. It was outstanding. There was so much choice of activities and entertainment shows to do and go and watch every night. The food was brilliant lots of choice catering for all nationalitys. It's worth going for an alacarte meal one night. The beach is small and compact a lovely spot to chill out. The rooms were spotless cleaned everyday. It's a great place for a holiday and what tops it off was the animation team. They put a lot of hard work and effort in to make your holiday an enjoyable one. A special mention for Maksim and CJ these two are great, always willing to help you. It's a great place top quality food perfectly situated on the beach front, would definatly return to palm wings again ! Thanks everyone for a great fun filled holiday!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

me and my boyfriend went on holiday to the palm wings resort from the 2nd-10th sept 2012.... i will start with the postitive points the animation team mainly maxim (ukraine) and adamson ( EMMA I KILL YOU NOW ) where abosolutly fantastic they made our holiday!!! always talking to us and getting us to join in which we dont usually tend to do but really enjoyed ourselves!!! we are now experts at the pool dance 'nossa nossa'!!!! they were working all day and night and were always smiling and making you feel welcome..... very hard workers!!!all the staff that worked in the palm wings resort from the reception staff to the waiters and waitresses in the resturant where all very helpful and pleasent. we didn't actually spend any time round the relax pool even though when going to look at it it looked lovely... we spent every day but the main pool where there was games and music going on but not allday so you did get time to relax also.... the slides in the pool where fantastic children and adults where going down in rings, in 3s, backwards, etc wasnt very strict, but there was always a very friendly lifegard in charge at all times and no-one took advantage of him being more relaxed about going down the slides.... so it was great fun. when staying at palm wings resort you can either stay in the hotel or in the villas we stayed in a villa which we thought where really sweet and all the gardens where presented lovely it was like a little village. The only negitive thing about the whole holiday (which is a big part of the holiday experience) was the food breakfast was the worst by far there was sloppy srabbled eggs, sweetcorn in milk, potatoes, and the toaster was the slowest machine ever. lunch and dinner where very simular and simular everyday also... chips rice and some meat in a sauce but they did always have nice selections of salad. the a la carte resturant was lovely though you can only go once after that you have to pay. we went to the italian one and if you didnt have to pay extra to eat there again we proberly would have eaten there every night. DONT go to aqua fantesy its 2hours away on a coach and its not that great and its cost me and my boyfriend 216tl to go which is about £45 each! there is a market just down the road from the hotel which is really good for fakes we brought holliester tops, jack wills hoodies, toms, vans, tresal paris... etc very good but always try bargin with them..... lastly if you would like to have proffissional photos done go to ALI G he is amazing and a very lovely guy!!!!x

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Ill start with the good points the hotel itself has the potential to be great although I wouldn't rate it a 5 star! They had 2 pools which were both great ! The animation team are the hotels strongest point always friendly and polite - exspecially maxim(ukraine) and adamson - these two made me and my boyfriends week memorable !they should get a raise - they worked really hard as there wasn't many left of the team and always got us involved and spoke to us regularly ! Now for the bad points! Our room was nice except we didn't have a balcony which started to annoy us towards the end of the holiday abd the cleaners didn't come to our room until approx 5pm so no chance of a sleep before dinner, even if we put up the do not disturb sign they would still be knocking on the door, the food was not what I would expect from a 5star hotel - there wasn't much choice at all throughout all meals and at least on 3 occassions me and my partner walked out as there was nothing of standard to eat ( we are not fussy eaters either) although we did find a great little bistro called ja ja's that did excellent food for fair prices ! And only. 5 minute walk away ! The hotel also didn't offer drinks menuus so if u asked for a cocktail it was 50\50 wether it was drinkable! I only found 1 waiter that made 1 that was exceptionally good! I feel we was mislead in our booking - the hotel wouldn't be such a letdown if it was rated a 3 or 4 star! I wouldn't necessarilly choose to rebook - there's only 2 reasons I would go book to this hotel and they are adamson and maxin (ukraine) - they made the whole experience more enjoyable and made us forget the bad points while we was there ! ! If u have already booked to go to this hotel make sure u seek these 2 lads out! Demi + reg

• Stayed September 2012
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just stayed for 7 nights all inclusive at the Palm Wings Beach Resort. We arrived in the early hours and were dealt with quickly and had a buggy deliver us and our bags to the hotel room. We stayed in the hotel which, contrary to some reviews, we found to be fine. Our room was cleaned everyday, although sometimes not until 6pm but a 1.5ltr bottle of water was provided free every day which was great. The room was big enough for us as a couple and we were not expecting a balcony or sea view anyway so it wasn't a problem that we looked out on to the tennis courts. It was a 5 minute walk past the bungalows and beautiful gardens to get to the shops and restaurant but buggys were available if needed. We enjoyed the walks and it wasn't far. The food had plenty of variety with meat, veg, salad, fruit, desserts, soup, bread etc. I'm a very fussy eater but found eomthing at every meal. Items being cooked outside changed each day with a small variation each day in the main restaurant but I'm not sure what the people who do complain about a lack of variety want - restaurants don't change their menus very often and we could have eaten something different every night here. The food was cooked well and was hot and I didn't see any flies around it.

There are many things to do in Altinkum - it would take about 15-20 minutes to walk into Altinkum but, with the cool breeze, it was really quite pleasant. We went on excursions to Dalyan, Ephesus and the evening market and enjoyed our trip out to the Turkish Baths. All were worth going on. The hotel also has a photo team and we did have some lovely photos taken as a memento of our holiday. Altinkum also has plenty of genuine fakes to purchase and it's actually fun to try a bit of haggling so do take plenty of cash - GBP or Lira - they will be happy to charge either and sometimes GBP worked out cheaper.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and polite but, as an English female without a skimpy bikini, I found myself to be the last to get served at the bar - I would moan about it but I never really waited longer than 3-4 minutes to get served even then. Our Thompson reps were friendly but we found Jo to be exceptional with excellent knowledge and very chatty.

The hotel has 4 pools. The relax pool was nice but sometimes too quiet for us and didn't serve beer. The main pool could get noisy if you were too close to speakers but was a fun area and the beach was perfect with drinks being served there also. We didn't use the indoor pool but it looked clean and nice. The best thing was that, whatever time of the day, there was not anywhere by the main pool, relax pool or beach that we couldn't get a sunbed - they were available all the time which was brilliant. The beer does seem weak but, in the sun, weak beer isn't a bad thing and the cups are plastic but clean and I'd rather that than step in glass by the pool!

All in all, we had a lovely holiday and it seemed to be recognised in the local area that this is a good place to stay. I would go back to Turkey and, if I wanted to visit Altinkum again in the future, I would stay at the Palm Wings.

Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a seven night stay at the Palm wings resort and we are so glad to be home. We arrived at the resort at 3am Tuesday the 4th of September and we check in with no fuss at all. At 8am I was awake and ready to have a quick wonder around why my wife stayed in bed. I took my camera with me and took some great pictures while it was quiet .My first impressions was that we had struck gold by choosing this hotel, it was so amazingly clean and the gardens all around the site were wonderful. When I got back to our room 1372 in the main hotel I said to my wife, this is a fabulous place. So at 9am we went down for our first breakfast and straight away this hotel went from 5 star their own rating; to a just 3 star from us. The toaster was a joke, you needed to put your bread in at least 4 times to make it alight brown, the egg's were not properly done, either over or under done. The veg was almost raw and very hard but a very good choice if this is how you like it. At lunch and dinner time's we found it hard to find something that we could enjoy and some day's we went off site to have a good meal. Myself I will admit that I am a bit fussy with my food choice, but my wife will eat most anything and she said it's the worst food she had ever had on a Thomson / First choice holiday, and we have had at least 10 holiday's in the last 5 year's with them including a cruise, but this one was the worst ever.

Chris & Rita

Exeter

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

An obsolete 5* resort, good for people who choose for the first time a vacation in an all inclusive system, but with some annoying details for those who know the system. Of course, the prices are lower.

Services
First, the services are slow and below standards. Receptionists treat you like a second hand guest, you count only when you check-in, after that, whatever problem you have, you must wait a long time.

If something is broken in your room, they will send someone in couple of days. So, ask again and again.

The waiters
The waiters are asleep, they look at you as at a furniture, but if you give them a tip, they will be a little bit more careful. Give them 2-5 turkish lira or 1-3 euro per night. If not, you will take yourself the drinks and the table will be cleaned slower.

Animation team
This year (2012) the animation team was asleep too. Few games, no pool animation (or too a-swoon), some people of the team went at school in september and the team was incomplete and unable to face the demands. In a word: no animation :). Compared to Antalya Resorts.

Cleaning
The housekeeping is made bad, you must tell them what to do. Your room will be cleaned up usually after 3 p.m., if you want to sleep or do something else in your room between 3 and 5 p.m., forget it. Or, let them clean the room around you. Or put the badge with "do not disturb" message on the door handle, risking not to have a clean room until the day you leave.
The minibar is filled every day only with a big bottle with water (if they remember to fill it).
Bring your soap and shampoo, they will fill the bathroom only at the beginning (for a 5* resort???).

All inclusive
All inclusive system is offered between 7.30 a.m. and 11.00 p.m. The usual night show ends after 11.00 p.m., so if you want to spend some time outside (what people in vacation usually do), you must pay. OR, as almost all guests do after one or two nights of accomodation, leave the amphitheatre half an hour earlier, go to the bar, order a lot of drinks, take a table and waiting their friends or family to come from the show. A lot of drinks are lost in this way. Plus, you must come with a drinks list you would like to drink, because they don't have a drinks list. In my opinion, if you come with your friends or with your girlfriend, the nights in Palm Wings are a failure (of course, the disco doesn't count). You have nothing to do aside from looking the stars on the beach.

Food and beverages
The meal does not compare with any other meal from an Antalya Resort. You have poor options and some of them have a bad taste (are bad cooked). Including the cakes. Of course, some taste good. So you will not starve.
Be aware, if you want to eat baclava, fill your plate at the beginning of the turkish night. After 1 hour is finished. Just 1 night a week.
The juices from the automatons are execrable, the coffee is acceptable before the ingredients finish - in this case, retreat the cup before the end of the process, when the automaton gives you only water (be aware that at breakfast have outside a better coffee).

Good things? Of course they are. I let you discover and post it for travellers. :)

Room Tip: Do not offer tips for a better room, they will offer the same room as those who don't offer. But...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I visited Palm Wings between Sept 2nd and Sept 10th with a group of four people. My Partner, Myself and two friends. I can honestly say we had a fantastic week and found that the hotel was a fantastic choice. We stayed all inclusive and loved every minute of it... Theres something for everyone all under one resort.

ACCOMODATION/CLEANLINESS
We were driven in Golf buggys with our luggage to our rooms of which were located in the hotel. Our rooms were cosy but well maintained and more than adequate. The bungalows looked very impressive and these would be my preferred option with experience. Cleanliness was NEVER an issue. The room was immaculate as the maid visited upon request.
One tip for people visiting Palm Wings is to remember to put the door hanger out as this encourages the maids visit as in other hotels im aware this discourages them to do so the hangers here are marked up requesting a clean.We took full advantage of this and had fresh towels, sheets and water on a daily basis. The fridge was stocked with 1.5l of water daily which was nice. The cleanliness applied to the whole complex and we found that throughout the weeks visit we could simply not fault the efficiency of the maintenance staff. all in all 5* for cleanliness.
The pools were well maintained... The main pool was located a short walk from our block (furthest away) taking only 5 minutes to walk. It had music played around it all day and the animation team were available on regular occasions encouraging lots of activities.The slides were also a nice touch giving the extra element of fun to the pool.
The relax pool was on the doorstep to our block and to those wanting to relax in serene atmospheres with only the crickets for company would have loved the peace and quiet. The hotel also owns its own private beach and makes plenty of sunbeds available on both the jetty and the sand :) Sunbeds pool based or beach based were at this time of year rarely hard to come across.

FOOD/DRINK
As a party of 4 we were under the impression prior to our visit that the food may not of been to everybodies taste after reading the reviews on here.
Again we were highly impressed with every evening meal.The restaurant did a mixture of cultural evenings giving the option to try new flavours. However they also made sure the nessecitites for us british were still available. ie) chips, mayo, tom sauce.. chicken.. (plainer options) All four of us often returned for seconds which was refreshing as usually holiday food isnt always to everyones pallete.
Breakfast was as expected with lots of fresh fruit yoghurts and toast.. more of a continental breakfast ie) hams olives etc.
Lunch was nice but to prevent eating the same kind of foods day in day out with buffet style id recommend lunch at the snack bar.
The Pancakes starting from 3 by the pool side were to die for and the ice cream also available at 3 was divine. Definately a must.
We ate at the italian a la carte on our last night and found it to be a nice treat. The views from all restaurants were fantastic and displayed the full stretch of the bay.
Drinks...
The soft drinks were fine and although served in plastics as previously complained about on here we never found this was an issue.
The pool bar staff were always happy to make cocktails for guests. The beer is Efes and for me a non beer drinking girl i found this to be really refreshing. The only fault i have being a 21-22 year old age group is the fact that during the holiday no matter how much alcohol was consumed we never felt drunk. (weak drinks) The measures were generous but just didnt seem to influence. This for me was not a problem but for people looking for a boozy holiday the drinks may not be up to scratch. The beach bar which opened after all inclusive at 11pm served imports and the cocktail menu gave many an option of drinks to try.

STAFF
The staff at Palm Wings were very good. They worked very long hours and so sometimes this did affect the way they appeared ie) slightly grumpy. However once approached or acknowledged they were more than happy to assist with any guests needs in a positive and friendly manner.
A massive positive i found was that previous trips to turkey had left me feeling uncomfortable about being a young girl in turkish men's company. Not once did i feel uncomfortable in there presence in fact they made me feel most welcome without over stepping the mark.
The animation team although not my cup of tea were amazing with children and i would recommend the complex to families as they do there up most to create a fun place to be for kids. Once you told them you werent interested however they did not bother you again.

LOCATION
This was quite a big one for me. However i would not mark the hotel down as i feel they do there upmost to provide all your needs so that you dont have to leave the complex. I have previously visited Hisaronu and Olu Deniz.. both beautiful towns within Turkey.. Really picturesque with alot going for it but above all safe. Didum made me feel on edge. The walk from Palm wings was only 15/20 minutes.. however at night was not well lit. Four dogs would often hover around the driveway and would be very intimidating often following you if they wernt pre occupied attacking passing traffic. This for me was unnerving. The town itself which compliments the bay is lacking and although a no hassle area we found people still hassled. The shops were bland and very much the same stock..to be honest i think we only saw around four shops that wernt supermarkets. The beach was nothing special and was jam packed. Definately a slight let down for Palm Wings.However when speaking to a local bar man we were informed the area was one of the poorer parts of Turkey. He also referred to Palm Wings as a posh hotel. God forbid if we had stayed anywhere near the town as every hotel looked run down and insufficient. Would recommend staying on the complex as we did after our first visit to the town.

OVERALL
i would highly recommend this hotel as it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for the four of us. On the last night we tried to pick faults and found that we could not fault the complex. This really impressed our party. Its accomodating to all parties of all ages. BIG thumbs up!!! Ignore the bad comments!!! Get it Booked and have a lovely holiday :)

Room Tip: Bungalows look slightly more up market that the hotel rooms. However we could not fault our hotel ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Wings Beach Resort? Share your experiences!