We stayed last week in the Solway Holiday Village. We booked via The Sun newspaper and extended our holiday to 7 days as it was to be a special trip (we popped up to Gretna Green to get married while staying there!). I truly cannot understand the bad reviews for this place. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly and helpful female staff member at the reception. We were given our key and guide book and then then eagerly found our Cumberland Caravan that was situated in peace a quiet in this spaced out and roomy park. As we had our dog with us the green areas were much appreciated for walks.It was a pleasure to gently stroll around the park with its open spaces. The holiday village is attractive to look at with well tended flower beds, and with views over the Solway Firth at the end of the drive. The caravan had a spacious living area and was well equipped. We were close (but not too close) to all the park facilities which was lovely. There was a little shop perfect for a morning paper, we saw the lamas and pigs at the farm, and the swimming pool was great for my son and I to relax in while we were there. All staff seemed helpful and their friendly demeanor helped us to unwind if we needed any help or anything. During the stay we made a friend with a little cat (from the farm I presume) who would come each day to our caravan (no.70) and ask for milk. Such a lovely little cat, our son was thrilled! The views across the Solway Firth to the Scottish mountains are beautiful, we took many photo's and I felt sad to leave! The park is a great place to be a base camp to visit Scotland and the lakes. Like I say, we stayed here and got married while we were up there, although no one at the park knew we weren't let down and would recomend anyone to stay here. Thank you Solway Holiday Village!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria