We are travelling home from solway as I write this. I had read bad reviews about the place and asked hoseasons to change our holiday. They told me they couldn't has solway holiday village had already received our money. We were ensured that hoseasons carefully select the parks and are checked on a regular basis. So we packed up and spend 3 hours travelling to the site. When we arrived we could see the site was really run down. When we got to our chalet, we couldn't believe how bad it was. The rooms were dirty and furniture was broken, it was so old fashioned. The doors were single glazed with condensation on them, and a draught coming through. The hot tub was fine, but nowhere to dry towels etc. We ventured into the park area. It was dangerous. Metal sticking out and pieces of equipment missing. We walked over to the ball pool area. There was a couple in there and their child had hurt her back on the broken slide in there. They informed staff but nobody came to check it out within the half an hour of us being there. Someone could have been seriously hurt. We complained and the manager came out and contacted hoseasons and we were given a refund and were told to leave the park immediately. I contacted hoseasons and they weren't interested that we had a wasted journey and had three crying children, because they done their part by giving us a refund. So we were out of pocket by the time we paid for petrol etc. I was so annoyed as I tried to cancel before we went. I was told people leave negative reviews and not to worry. I would urge anybody thinking of going to solway, not to go! I have never left a review about anywhere or a company but I had to, if it stops anybody wasting their time and money. I also won't be booking through hoseasons again. They were so unhelpful and disinterested. People might think a refund is compensation, but not to be offered an alternative without paying more or any apology and not acting on my concerns before, to me isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria