We arrived after a hideously wet few days, and it also poured down overnight whilst we were there, producing widespread flooding in the area, but with no noticeable effect on our part of the site.
Having paid £60 for four of us for three nights, for a 2 bedroom chalet, and including the (excellently efficient) heating, we were very pleasantly surprised. It wasn't luxury, but it was clean and more than adequate. On the down-side the kitchen equipment was a bit mean - only 4 of everything, (meaning that some washing up was necessary between courses !) but on the other hand there were such things as bedside lights, and free-view (on a rather small tv), and a very efficient shower (and bath)
Arrived at reception, and were cheerfully welcomed, and out with the keys within 30 seconds. I had a minor tv problem (vital, as I wanted to watch the Ryder Cup highlights each night !), which I reported to reception. A mechanic got to the chalet even before I got back, and fixed it quickly.
No idea about the 'entertainment' as we didn't need it. For what we did want - an incredibly cheap, and surprisingly comfortable, base from which to explore the area, it was fine.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park. ... more less