We stayed at Solway Holiday Village for a weekend. The site is a little dated but not as bad as some make out on here, and the bar and entertainment staff make up for that in bucket loads. They were helpful, cheerful and friendly.
The only major downfall is the price of the drinks in the pub !! £3.50 for lager. paying a little more is expected, but £1.50 difference from my local pub a pint is rediculous (a pint in the middle of london is cheeper). if i go again, i'll be stocking up on cans !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria