I have to say that because of the reviews I read before we booked there I was slightly nervous about the stay. Having heard from friends what a lovely time they had had we thought we would try it. We were VERY happy with what we found. It was perfect peaceful and quiet and well away from the noisy N2 (the off-road experience isnt that bad....just depends what sort of a traveller you are!)The chalets were very comfortable and had every thing we needed with additional touches. The family had a blast trying to catch giant bass(or so we were told)in the dam- all tackle and boat provided. There were mountain bikes to hire and lots of fabulous hikes. We cannot comment on the food as we stayed self catering the whole time. The evening dining is not child friendly but they will gladly take food to chalet and organise babysitting should parents wish for a evening "off" in a grown up enviroment. For the rest of the day there was nowhere that seemed off limits and I rather liked the feeling of minimal staff! They seemed to be around when you needed them and on the end of the phone if nessesary. The Fernery itself is a fascinating place to look round and this is a "fern farm" despite the additional chalets and luxory acomodation. We will definately go back and stay much much longer. A really peaceful escape destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets, situated above a 30m waterfall, is the perfect, relaxing getaway for families and honeymoon couples. Fine dining is the order of the day where hearty breakfasts, light lunches and four course dinners ensure that guests are gastronomically satisfied at all times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Tsitsikamma National Park/Storms River