“Fantastic Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Collingham
Willerby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for a 1 night spa break and although the spa facilities are much of an add on to the hotel the 55 minute back, neck, shoulder massage followed by express facial was the best I'd ever experience. I had been to Titanic Spa in Huddersfield which yes does have better spa facilities but the treatment itself was not a patch on the treatment experience at this hotel. My partner had a 55 min full body massage and he also thought his treatment was fantastic. The hotel itself was beautiful, the staff were fantastic and gave a top class service. We had afternoon tea served to our room which was included in the price and a 3 course evening meal which was actually 4 course and faultless. Our room was clean and the bed was nice and large we both had a comfortable nights sleep. The breakfast was equally as good as evening meal. When we enquired about history of the house the receptionist even printed off some information as well as explaining. Plenty of information given about walks in the area and even Wellington boots to borrow for all sizes to help you explore. Fantastic hotel and staff we will return.

Room Tip: Although the spa was average can I just point out the treatments in the spa was excellent.the best I...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GordonBurniston, General Manager at Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your November visit to us.

It was lovely to read your review to see it seems you had a lovely relaxing visit with us, I was delighted to read your feedback about the treatment you and your partner had and to hear it was one of the best treatments you have experienced.

I was interested to read that your breakfast was as good as your evening meal, such an important part of the hotel stay and I know the majority of our guests look forward to.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you are able to return in the very near future.

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We fell in love with the location 1st time we saw this place. After getting married there our friends all agreed it was perfect! The food was amazing & some of the best wedding food people have ever had. There is a lot of charm around the place, staff were really friendly & professional & it was definitely the right place to get married! Despite not having exclusive use of the hotel we had excellent facilities available to us at all times & 2 bars were great in the evening especially! Our memories will last a long time. The honeymoon suite was great as were most other rooms, but there were a few which some of our friends did not like due to location near outside air con units. Don't let this spoil your decision to stay however. A big thank you especially to Rachel & Lee for sorting out our day. Nothing was too much trouble. Andy & Asma

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a name not a number as these are in the main building & have more character.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your kind feedback following your special June visit to us.

I was delighted to read your comments about your wedding day, especially about the food, the staff and the rooms. I was delighted you chose Wood Hall Hotel to celebrate your special day with us and I hope you have many happy memories.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you are able to return in the very near future, perhaps for your 1st anniversary?

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Amazing hotel set in an amazing location.The drive up to the hotel is spectacular. Ours was a Sunday night Dinner Bed & Breakfast stay in a room with a lovely view of the grounds..The food was excellent and staff were very attentive.
I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your October visit to us.

The drive in to Wood Hall is one we really appreciate, and I’m glad you appreciated to together with your room and the attentive staff.

Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I recently married at this hotel - on their "Just the two of us" package. We could not have wished for more. Initially, on the drive to it, we could see the building looming solely in the distance, and it looked beautiful in wonderful surroundings! We were not disappointed on arrival - a beautiful hotel with staff who could not do enough for us, without being intrusive at all. We stayed in the Willow Room, which comes highly recommended! Absolutely stunning with everything one could want. The public rooms were beautiful - relaxed period elegance, but with modern touches. The food was excellent as was overall attention to detail - and I haven't mentioned the bed yet - truly the most comfortable we have ever slept in - I even checked what the bedding was and have ordered some for our own home - it was that good!

Room Tip: Willow Room is superb!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your amazing feedback following your special October visit to us.

I’m so glad you chose Wood Hall to celebrate your wedding day with us, I’m glad you enjoyed room Willow; I do agree the views are simply stunning. The beds were changed recently so I’m glad they enabled a good night’s sleep to recharge those batteries.

Thank you for your comments and my very best wishes to you both for the future.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night in one of the very comfortable rooms with a view from the front of the house. The welcome by the staff was warm and friendly. There was a large wedding party during my stay and the hotel had made arrangements to reserve lounges for other residents use where we could remain undisturbed. The food at dinner and breakfast was very good and was served by friendly and efficient staff.

The spa area was disappointing and seemed to have been added as a bit of an afterthought. It was small, with a single very small steam room and jacuzzi at the edge of an adequately sized pool. Sadly there was only enough room beside the pool for 4 loungers. None of this was conducive to a relaxing experience.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I was delighted you enjoyed your room and staff service, I’m glad also you enjoyed our reserved area in the drawing room for our residents to enjoy away from the wedding party.

Thank you for your feedback about the spa, we are a more personal spa however I take your point about the sun loungers which we are looking to purchase some more in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rossendale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited this hotel for my husband's birthday and we were generally impressed although there were a few issues. The hotel is in a beautiful location and we were greeted by very friendly staff. Our room was very nicely decorated and whilst not huge was very comfortable.
We had a bottle of champagne in our room before dinner which came extremely promptly. Before dinner we enjoyed canapes and pink prosecco in the bar - this was included in our room and dinner package. The barman was friendly and helpful and let us taste the two sauvignon blancs on offer before choosing.
We decided to upgrade to the a la carte menu and once in the restaurant this is when we had an issue. The food was in my opinion good but not outstanding and the service was extremely slow. We had to keep asking how long each course would be. The staff obviously became embarrassed and said they wouldn't charge us for the upgrade - of course we would have preferred the quick service but at least they tried to rectify the situation. However this took some of the shine off the evening.
After a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed we enjoyed a very nice breakfast. Everything was cooked perfectly and to order, not a hot food buffet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your feedback following your October visit to us.

I was happy on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us for your husband’s birthday, I’m glad you enjoyed your room, staff service and the breakfast the following morning.

Thank you for your feedback about the delay with your evening meal, I will pick this up with my head Chef.

glossop
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice room but a very poor breakfast experience considering the price of the room. Breakfast room consisted of large round tables and we had to ask the waiter numerous times for tea and preserves for the table and the breakfast despite waiting 10 minutes for the buffet to be refreshed, was horrible. It felt more like a budget hotel chain and not what we expected from a 4 star country house hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GordonBurniston, General Manager at Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your feedback following your October visit to us.

Please accept my apologies with regard to your delays at breakfast, I understand reading your review that you were part of one of our wedding’s in which we offer a buffet service in our main function suite. We offer this style of service so all guests who attended the wedding can meet to together in a private room the next day. However I was disappointed to read about the delays in service, I have spoken to Head Chef and Food & Beverage manager to ensure this is not repeated.

Gordon

Been to Wood Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!