“Just Stunning in all Respects!” 5 of 5 stars

Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Trip Lane | Linton, Collingham LS22 4JA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Collingham
Northampton
“Just Stunning in all Respects!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I recently married at this hotel - on their "Just the two of us" package. We could not have wished for more. Initially, on the drive to it, we could see the building looming solely in the distance, and it looked beautiful in wonderful surroundings! We were not disappointed on arrival - a beautiful hotel with staff who could not do enough for us, without being intrusive at all. We stayed in the Willow Room, which comes highly recommended! Absolutely stunning with everything one could want. The public rooms were beautiful - relaxed period elegance, but with modern touches. The food was excellent as was overall attention to detail - and I haven't mentioned the bed yet - truly the most comfortable we have ever slept in - I even checked what the bedding was and have ordered some for our own home - it was that good!

Room Tip: Willow Room is superb!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GordonBurniston, General Manager at Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your amazing feedback following your special October visit to us.

I’m so glad you chose Wood Hall to celebrate your wedding day with us, I’m glad you enjoyed room Willow; I do agree the views are simply stunning. The beds were changed recently so I’m glad they enabled a good night’s sleep to recharge those batteries.

Thank you for your comments and my very best wishes to you both for the future.

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night in one of the very comfortable rooms with a view from the front of the house. The welcome by the staff was warm and friendly. There was a large wedding party during my stay and the hotel had made arrangements to reserve lounges for other residents use where we could remain undisturbed. The food at dinner and breakfast was very good and was served by friendly and efficient staff.

The spa area was disappointing and seemed to have been added as a bit of an afterthought. It was small, with a single very small steam room and jacuzzi at the edge of an adequately sized pool. Sadly there was only enough room beside the pool for 4 loungers. None of this was conducive to a relaxing experience.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your October visit to us.

I was delighted you enjoyed your room and staff service, I’m glad also you enjoyed our reserved area in the drawing room for our residents to enjoy away from the wedding party.

Thank you for your feedback about the spa, we are a more personal spa however I take your point about the sun loungers which we are looking to purchase some more in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rossendale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited this hotel for my husband's birthday and we were generally impressed although there were a few issues. The hotel is in a beautiful location and we were greeted by very friendly staff. Our room was very nicely decorated and whilst not huge was very comfortable.
We had a bottle of champagne in our room before dinner which came extremely promptly. Before dinner we enjoyed canapes and pink prosecco in the bar - this was included in our room and dinner package. The barman was friendly and helpful and let us taste the two sauvignon blancs on offer before choosing.
We decided to upgrade to the a la carte menu and once in the restaurant this is when we had an issue. The food was in my opinion good but not outstanding and the service was extremely slow. We had to keep asking how long each course would be. The staff obviously became embarrassed and said they wouldn't charge us for the upgrade - of course we would have preferred the quick service but at least they tried to rectify the situation. However this took some of the shine off the evening.
After a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed we enjoyed a very nice breakfast. Everything was cooked perfectly and to order, not a hot food buffet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing your feedback following your October visit to us.

I was happy on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us for your husband’s birthday, I’m glad you enjoyed your room, staff service and the breakfast the following morning.

Thank you for your feedback about the delay with your evening meal, I will pick this up with my head Chef.

glossop
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice room but a very poor breakfast experience considering the price of the room. Breakfast room consisted of large round tables and we had to ask the waiter numerous times for tea and preserves for the table and the breakfast despite waiting 10 minutes for the buffet to be refreshed, was horrible. It felt more like a budget hotel chain and not what we expected from a 4 star country house hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GordonBurniston, General Manager at Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback following your October visit to us.

Please accept my apologies with regard to your delays at breakfast, I understand reading your review that you were part of one of our wedding’s in which we offer a buffet service in our main function suite. We offer this style of service so all guests who attended the wedding can meet to together in a private room the next day. However I was disappointed to read about the delays in service, I have spoken to Head Chef and Food & Beverage manager to ensure this is not repeated.

Sidcup, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just got back from a few days stay and really enjoyed this hotel. The drive up to the door is unbelievable. The rolling hills and views are stunning. We had a front facing room that was well furnished and looked out across acres of fields and woodlands. We didn't get a chance to use the wellies provided but the walks around here must be delightful. The staff are very welcoming and friendly with a special mention for Jan at breakfast. How he can be so smiley at breakfast time is an art I have yet to learn.

Room Tip: A front facing room is a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your kind feedback following your October visit to us.

I was pleased to read your comments about your stay, I’m glad you enjoyed the views. As you noticed we do provide wellies for our guests to use, it really is worth taking a walk around one of our routes around the hotel.

Thank you for your comments about Jan I will ensure this is passed on to him, a shining smile in the morning an example to us all I suppose.

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It certainly didn't live up to my expectations at all! the bedroom table was very marked and scratched, the bottom of the wardrobe door was marked and the window ledge had a deep score line definitely needed painting. We asked if it was possible to be squeezed in to the dining room and was told absolutely no way so we ate fish and chips and in the bar food was nice and staff attentive wouldn't stay again felt disappointed. Stayed in lower graded hotels and the décor was much nicer and as paying guests we have always been squeezed into the dining room though we always book for dinner I realise this was an oversight on our part still could have made an exception told family and friends not to bother to stay here in future. Also breakfast was only warm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing your feedback following your October visit to us.

I’m sorry we did not exceed your expectations on your visit, the room in question has been put out of service and has been brought back up to the required standard, I’m can only apologise this was not dealt with prior to your stay.

With regard to dinner, unfortunately the restaurant at Wood Hall is very popular and we do advise all guests to book prior to arrival. We had no further tables available that evening I’m afraid, we will always endeavour to accommodate guests looking to book on the day but we were at capacity on this occasion.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you change your mind about returning to Wood Hall in the future.

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here again this summer and was treated to a free up-grade to the Bridal suite " Willow"
which was a beautiful room with stunning views. Thank you Gordon for the superbly run hotel with great food and attentive staff with We're shure is down to your good management. We will be back and strongly recommend this hotel for a lovely relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your July visit to us.

Your kind comments are very welcomed and I was pleased you enjoyed room Willow. Thank you for your comments about the team I will ensure this is passed on to them; it really is down to them.

Gordon

Been to Wood Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!