I stayed at the hotel and had a few of my meals (dinner, lunch and in-betweens) here when I was too lazy to head out for food. In summary, this is at most a nice, casual (if overpriced) restaurant and nowhere close to "fine-dining" standards.
1. Great mediterranean ambience
2. Food can be served at the bar / pool area, which is personally preferred for a casual meal
1. Table service is non-existent, which is absolutely NOT acceptable for a place that bills itself (and charges accordingly) as "fine-dining". Water is not provided when customer is seated, table is not set based on food ordered. Waitressing is spotty, but that is also consistent with the overall hotel service levels
2. Food is ok, but not impressive. Note that this is Thailand, where the overall median is "good":
- Thai dishes are ok but lack innovation / creativity. Within a 5-min walk from the hotel, one can get the same Thai dishes at local places for 1/3 of the price. With the prices on display, I'd expect unexpected twists on Thai flavors a la Bo.lan
- Western dishes are good but not off the roof. Again, lack innovation and creativity, which is incomprehensible given that there are so many possibilities to create great food with the indigeneous ingredients available in Southern Thailand
3. Skip the dessert - not even worth a try. Lack of innovation and creativity is one thing (you get the standard tiramisu and so-so creme brulee), but they don't even taste good. The petite fours are atrocious - I suspect the meringue was not beaten "silky" enough, the choc chip cookie dry and tasteless, the pandan-coconut "mochi" which is a childhood favorite, does not even remotely taste like the original. I know the petite fours are "free" but I'd rather not have to taste bad food
4. Prices are expensive and hard to justify with the quality that is served, even at Samui-levels (note that Samui is expensive compared to other parts of Thailand, even Bangkok)
If you're not staying at the hotel and want to make a special trip here - my advice is to skip this, and spend your money elsewhere (say, a day-spa) instead.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.